Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Jetprop to Europe. Summer 2019

Is the grass bringing out your inner cowboy ?

EGTF, LFTF

Great landing, right on the numbers. Shame about the grey weather. I hope it has improved before you left.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 16 Jul 08:49
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Gotta love it…. all that practice at my local strip in Phuket came in very handy.. :)

FL270→Lido. Very grateful l got to experience it.

Weather today gorgeous.

E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

eal, what’s the maximum zero fuel range when you use the Turtlepac?

Switzerland

1,800Nm. I conservatively plan on 1,300 Nm when crossing Asia due to the limited options for genuine alternates plus reserves. If it was in Europe I would be less cautious.
E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

eal wrote:

FL270→Lido. Very grateful l got to experience it.

How come? Wouldn’t you get that in Asia?

EGTK Oxford

Sure, but the vista and location of Venice is very special. The ability to use such a historic strip still is not something l take for granted.

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

eal wrote:

1,800Nm. I conservatively plan on 1,300 Nm when crossing Asia due to the limited options for genuine alternates plus reserves. If it was in Europe I would be less cautious.
E

Is’t the JetProp already challenged on useful load with the standard tanks?

EGTR

You need a ferry permit to operate the tank, under an FAA approved installation design, which gives a 15% increase in MTOW operating within a specific envelope. Due to CG considerations it becomes a two person aircraft with the tank onboard.
The great thing about a collapsible tank solution is that l can remove it when l do not need it and stow it in the nose compartment, and there is no need for external venting.
A neat solution for long distance flights, but not something l choose to use for regular ops.
E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

I think I want a jetprop :)

Switzerland
Sign in to add your message