Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Jetprop to Europe. Summer 2019

Seeing all those Illyushin 76’s on the departures board in Fujairah excites me more than it should! Great pictures, keep them coming and safe flying the rest of your trip!

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

A very curious airport. We were not allowed to take any pictures of the considerable no. of Illyushin’s and Antanovs that are based or slowly dying there.
It appears to be a significant base for them.
And from the call signs of mysterious missions.

Great stop handling wise though.
E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

Made it to Salzburg this morning with a nice tailwind for a change.

This afternoon landed at Bournemouth after routing through Dover. :)

I have been using Sky Vector and Garmin Pilot for wind forecasts, and they have both been very inaccurate on this trip. Windy has not been much better. What products are the majority of you using for upper wind forecasts?

The other strange occurance happened yesterday as l was approaching Heraklio. Both my 530W and 439W got knocked out with a no GPS signal.
I recycled them both, and they came back. Are there some strong radars around that area known for this type of interference?

E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

Great trip. So what was your total distance covered over the ground?

Last Edited by JasonC at 15 Jun 21:18
EGTK Oxford

Thanks.
Total ground distance was circa 8,100 Nm.
Engine start to engine stop 35:05 hrs over 5 days of actual flying.

A lot of fun. Each stop was a very contrasting cultural experience.
Now looking forward to some more leasuirly flying around Europe for the next few months :)
E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

eal wrote:

Now looking forward to some more leasuirly flying around Europe for the next few months :)

Let me know if you end up anywhere in the Düsseldorf/Köln/Bonn area, would be happy to greet you and have a look around an aircraft way out of my league!

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

Hi Eal,

Nice trip !
Do you use anybody to assist with overflight/landing permit or you ask them by yourself ?

Have a good rest
Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Hi EAL

if you end up in ZRH let me know!

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

>> Do you use anybody to assist with overflight/landing permit or you ask them by yourself ?

I used an agent for Bangladesh, India, Bahrain and Saudi/Egypt overflight as these countries aviation authorities will not deal with private pilots directly.
The rest of the trip I arranged on my own.

Thanks for all the offers of a meet up. I will finalise my European schedule this week.

E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

Great report, thanks for sharing!
Stop by LOWG – I’ll show you around!

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message