Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Jetprop to Europe. Summer 2019

eal, could you let me know your Indian agent? Trying to figure out my flight through there!

Kent, UK

I used :-

G.A.S.E – General Aviation Support Egypt.

Website www.gasupportegypt.com

They got me through the Middle East and India.

E

Last Edited by eal at 19 Jun 05:52
eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

eal wrote:

Are there some strong radars around that area known for this type of interference?

Turks are now playing bulying against Cyprus-Greece-EU-USA-Christian Crusaders.Therefore it seems they operate electronic war jamming with their special C130s.

LGGG

eal wrote:

The other strange occurance happened yesterday as l was approaching Heraklio. Both my 530W and 439W got knocked out with a no GPS signal.
I recycled them both, and they came back. Are there some strong radars around that area known for this type of interference?

Same experience last month in southern Turkey in region bordering with Syria and Cyprus. A lot of GPS jamming – as result of that I have 900 kts maximum ground speed recorded in odometer

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@eal how do you find the JetProp conversion on the PA46? I’ve always been interested in the plane… Do you ever struggle with useful load?

EGSX

I have owned the aircraft for 11 years now and some 2,000 hrs flying it. I have found its dispatch rate to be excellent due in large part to the conversion.
The engineering of the conversion itself is very good and also addressed several weaknesses inherent in the original piston version such as the engine mount and weak nose wheel.
Having said that, it is a high workload aircraft single pilot, and you do need to stay current with it, but for me it is a great mission fit, intellectually, physically and financially.

I mostly fly alone or with one other so payload is not normally an issue. I also have a standing ferry permit for when I use my Turtlepac ferry tank which takes care of extreme payloads from a legal stand point, and practically the excess power to weight ratio means that even overloaded (within CG) the performance is almost the same.

E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

If your about this weekend there,s a large fly-in at Turweston Airfield not far from Oxford.

https://air-britain.com/web/fly-in-by-air/

Other UK and European aviation events

http://events.royalaeroclub.org/eventuk.htm

http://events.royalaeroclub.org/eventeu.htm

Southend, United Kingdom

Thank you very much for the links. Good info there.
E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

Trip going really well so far.
Have been to EHLE, LDSB, LOWS, LDDU. LSZB Bern in Switzerland next.
All the airports to date especially the Croatian ones have been very straightforward and inexpensive.

I am planning to operate at LIPV 15-18 July. I have been in touch with Lido and they have by email confirmed my ops.
My concearn is the forecast looks like light rain on the day of departure.
I have asked for parking in the hardstanding but l am wondering how viable the runway is when wet? Does it drain fairly well?
I have operated from wet grass before in Thailand fairly regularly but draw the line at standing water.

I read the recent thread about the recent EuroGa trip there and could see how a very wet runway is going to be a nightmare to operate from.

Forecast this far out is obviously subject to change, but l will need to make a go no go descion a few days before to get all my paperwork in place. LIPZ is notamed for no overnight parking, so LIPH Treviso would be my other more distant option.

Thanks for any opinions…

Cheers. E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

@Emir can let you know.

ESME, ESMS
Sign in to add your message