Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip to Hamburg EDDH for Kieler Woche

Happy Holidays!

Does anyone have any information on Flying to Hamburg? I would like to fly into the main airport because it has an ILS, lights, and a nice long concrete runway. Some had mentioned that since its not like Munich or Frankfurt with lots of commercial traffic that they are more friendly to GA traffic. Anyone have experience to share with me, information as to whether this is an impossible dream or not?

KHTO, LHTL

EDDH is indeed very GA friendly. Please keep in mind that you need a slot for IFR approach. It can be obtained via phone call at +49 69 257585120. Fees are moderate to my recollection. Should visibility permit permission for sightseeing overhead the city and harbour is very openly granted.

All in all a very open and friendly airport.

If you don´t mind german PIREPS you find some information here:
https://www.eddh.de/info/lande_pireps.php?pi_icao=EDDH

EDAQ, Germany

Why don´t you go to Kiel, EDHK? Reasonable opening times and a couple of instrument approaches. You could walk to the harbour.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

slowflyer wrote:

EDDH is indeed very GA friendly. Please keep in mind that you need a slot for IFR approach. It can be obtained via phone call at +49 69 257585120. Fees are moderate to my recollection. Should visibility permit permission for sightseeing overhead the city and harbour is very openly granted.

All in all a very open and friendly airport.

If you don´t mind german PIREPS you find some information here:
https://www.eddh.de/info/lande_pireps.php?pi_icao=EDDH

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the trip.

KHTO, LHTL

Caba wrote:

Why don´t you go to Kiel, EDHK? Reasonable opening times and a couple of instrument approaches. You could walk to the harbour.

Girlfriend wants to see Hamburg. But mostly there is an issue with accommodations and costs. She says we can do a day trip to Kiel by train.

KHTO, LHTL

EDDH is indeed GA friendly and landing fees are ok.
Beware, parking is expensive and comes per 15 minutes.

You want to stay longer, seriously think of going EDHK (friendly as well with ‘challenging’ opening hours).
Take the train from Kiel to Hamburg instead of other way around, may safe quite some money.

If Y FPL is an option, there are more choices.

FOR EVERYONES INFORMATION

Ok Just checked the Price info on the webSite. With No Handling required here are the current fees for a Cessna 210 MTOWT 1740Kg:

One Landing and T.O. Charge totals……. 33.70Euros
Terminal Charge…………………………………11.80
Emissions Charge………………………………00.50
Parking/Day………………………………………26.60
total………………………………………………….72.60
For a 3 day stay comes to 125.00 Euros

Passenger Fee 6.03/ Passenger
So with 4 Passengers an additional 24.12Euros for the 4 dat trip.
Good news is there is no charge for noise if under 2Ts

RRoute flight plans for 539 NM from LHTL to EDDH at around 4:10 with a 25Kt Headwind.
Peter, Is there a way we can keep or store this type of info which could easily be brought up fro when you want a good round about info on an airport?

KHTO, LHTL

Now Im trying to look up Kiel airport just to get a sense of difference between the two airports and have run into confusion due to that idiotic Noise Certificate. I have a noise certificate that Ive been using as Cat B. In actuality due to engine and prop conversion should be “A” but I have to get that info from Hartzel. But I digress. I cant figure out what they are talking about. Can anyone with a Dr in mathematics as well as the German Language determine what is the landing fee at < 2T? Is there also a Take Off fee as in Hamburg?
http://www.airport-kiel.de/tl_files/port-of-kiel/AIRPORT/Tarife/FHK%20Entgeltordnung_2018.pdf

Severely frustrated by those people at Kiel airport I tried google translate only to find I reading a contract.

So can anyone, with knowledge of German, tell me what the prices are in a similar fashion as I laid out for Hamburg airport?

THIS is why flying in Europe is a pain in the Ass. Ive spent 1 hour spinning my wheels and getting nowhere.

KHTO, LHTL

dejwu wrote:

ou want to stay longer, seriously think of going EDHK (friendly as well with ‘challenging’ opening hours).
Take the train from Kiel to Hamburg instead of other way around, may safe quite some money.

If Y FPL is an option, there are more choices.

Thans for your help and input. As you can see Ive been smashing my head against the insanity wall of European Aviation. Kiel has the worst Website for pilot information. They rival some of the Italians. Can you give me where I can find fee information? Its obvious their website is not the answer.

KHTO, LHTL

Landing fee between 1401 and 2000kg: 20.57 EUR if you have “increased noise protection”, i.e. the plane is particularly quiet, i.e. you noise certificate (for your plane which is above 1500kg MTOW but below 2000kg MTOW and built before 01/01/2000) shows a noise level as per ICAO Annex 16 Chapter 6 (that is overflights at 1000ft at maximum continuous power setting) of at most 72 dB(A) or as per ICAO Annex 16 Chapter 10 (that is noise measured 2.5km after take-off break release at maximum continuous power) of at most 80 db(A).
If you are “only” within the ICAO Annex 16 limits (you have a noise certificate), then 26,40 EUR.
If you are above the ICAO limits, then 36,63 EUR, but I’d be surprised this were your case.

For opening outside of the normal times, there are additional fees of 61.60 EUR per hour or part thereof until midnight or after 6am and 122.10 EUR per hour or part thereof between midnight and 5:59 am. All local time.

Night fee of 24.20 EUR per hour or part thereof.

ILS or NDB approach fee: 50% of the landing fee.

Emergency (not precautionary/diversion) landings for free.

Fees for presence of firefighters as per ICAO level 3: I assume you will not ask for that.

Parking: For each day (24h) or part thereof: 6,60 EUR

Last Edited by lionel at 28 Dec 13:51
ELLX
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message