Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lunch break in Rotterdam EHRD

Popping to Rotterdam for lunch – any good restaurant suggestions? Preferably not the Dutch « holes in the wall » ;)

Did you check if Rotterdam airport has an F(E)BO for VIPs?

(you will get the joke if you know the difference in taste between FBO lounges and FEBO machines )

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Good Morning,

I’ve filed the handling request this morning to the aeroclub. Other than Gendec, Noise Cert, NHS covid passes, UK GAR in and out. What else do I need for NL?

Can anyone recommend something to eat other than pancakes?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

pilotrobbie wrote:

What else do I need for NL?

You shouldn’t need anything else AFAIK.

pilotrobbie wrote:

Can anyone recommend something to eat other than pancakes?

Are you wanting something quick and close by, or planning to tour around a bit? You could get a taxi to Scheveningen on the coast where there are plenty of options. Otherwise you could try Lake House.

Last Edited by dutch_flyer at 22 Mar 09:40
EHRD, Netherlands

You could go to Amarone in Rotterdam for a posh lunch, or go to Hotel New York for lunch. A fascinating place, the old headquarters of the Holland America line where many oceanliners departed to the US. It’s a beautiful building with some nice modern architecture as a backdrop. The food is OK, but the setting makes it special. If old Dutch towns is your thing then don’t go to Rotterdam, blame the Luftwaffe. Visit Schiedam instead, it’s so nice (just the old centre tho, the rest is not that nice) and it has a couple of places you can have lunch.

Last Edited by Bobo at 22 Mar 11:29
EHTE, Netherlands

It’s a nice place for pic-nic

I have visited Rotterdam twice,
- In summer, VFR to Breda EHSE, cycle and train from Roosendal on flat land and nice weather
- In winter, IFR to Rotterdam EHRD, very nice FBO lounge and eating FEBO, like RyanAir

I think the former was a better experience, judging byMrs impressions on “fly & cycle & brunch & picnic”…

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Mar 12:15
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I would go for Hotel New York, then from there at the docks right at Hotel New York take a taxi-boat for a tour through the harbors of Rotterdam. For dinner there are a lot of options out there from Parkheuvel (Michelin star), Little Italy (Italian food) or Zeezout (seafood) and lots more.

EDLE, Netherlands

As a resident you might be used to it, but when I worked just outside Rotterdam(some while ago now) there were quite a few restaurants serving the most wonderful Indonesian food at very reasonable prices. Do they still exist or are they something else that has suffered in the name of progress?🙂

France

Very good visit yesterday. Will try get the report out well before the VLOG, but let’s see.

70 EUR all in for the airport.

EGSG, United Kingdom
EGSG, United Kingdom
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message