Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Inviting an aviation Youtuber (Flightchops) to Europe and the Venice fly-in

Just watched his last vlog and I got this silly idea.

At the very end, he asks for the audience to invite him abroad. I think he and his viewers know pretty much everything about flying in Canada and US. But flying in Europe, visiting this amazing place which Venice is could be a lot of fun.
Let’s say someone bring him to Venice IFR in a tourer to show him the Eurocontrol system. Then someone takes him to some grass strips Northern Italy is full of. That way he can produce a series about flying in Europe, mixing pure aviator stuff, procedures and sightseeing.
What do you think ?
Is anyone here a Patron of his channel ? The invite would be stronger if so.

I think it would be interesting for him, his viewers and us. Win-win-win situation :)

For those who don’t know flightchops, he’s one of the most popular GA youtuber with more than 200K+ subscribers. He mainly flies Cessnas and vintage aircraft, like to T6, is currently working on his IR and plans to build an RV. He is just a filmmaker with a PPL whose channel grew a lot and it became his full time « job » thanks to patrons, people who gives home money for each video released on YouTube.

LFOU, France

I’m not entirely sure how the rules in the US work, but over here in the EASA-land one might get in trouble providing aerial photography services (videos) and selling them to customers (patreons) on a PPL and without an AOC.

A daughter company to our club provides such services and the pilot needs to be CPL and the company is authorized by the national CAA. Such operations fall under Part-SPO.

PS: I’m all for inviting FlightChops to Venice, I like his videos and I watch his channel all the time. If he’s a passenger then I guess he can do whatever he wants

Last Edited by Dimme at 03 Jan 09:40
ESME, ESMS

Jujupilote wrote:

He mainly flies Cessnas and vintage aircraft, like to T6, is currently working on his IR and plans to build an RV

He is better described as WWP: “weekend Warrior pilot” that turned to TYA: “Youtube Aviator” with US/CA-centric flavour, I like his videos as they feel very friendly and down to earth, we also have the “Flying Reporter”, he does a lot of nice videos with 10K followers and he did a lot of UK/EU trips, same YT-style: very friendly and down to earth…

Dimme wrote:

I’m not entirely sure how the rules in the US work, but over here in the EASA-land one might get in trouble providing aerial photography services (videos) and selling them to customers (patreons) on a PPL and without an AOC.

You are probably right on this, we had a famous retired astronaut visiting the place this year for some filming and vintage flying, the whole lot was done under “Arial Work” umbrella even his fun bits for personal pleasure, but his filming was intended to BBC-like customers not youtubers…

Last Edited by Ibra at 03 Jan 10:11
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

AFAIK a passenger can do what he likes, in terms of taking pics or videos and selling them. I think the problem starts when the flight is contracted to take place to get the job done.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Anyway, it would be difficult for him to convert his licences.
I thought someone would have a spare seat or two and agree to appear on camera, fly him to LIPV and talk about flying in Europe while he films the Alps for above :)

I could do it but in my slow VFR 172, it is not very sexy.

Glad to see others agreeing.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 03 Jan 11:31
LFOU, France

I think that’s a great idea!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Agreed

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Ok I will send a message ASAP. Will keep you posted.
According to his Patreon page, he will travel with the wife and daughter.

LFOU, France

Message sent.

LFOU, France

I won’t be in Venice but like to offer him some unique european a/c types to fly.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany
48 Posts
Sign in to add your message