Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Inviting an aviation Youtuber (Flightchops) to Europe and the Venice fly-in

Jujupilote wrote:

Message sent.

That’s pretty cool! I follow him since quite a while and he’s a big inspiration to me for how he got into flying other planes than the usual C172/P28A. Would love to meet him once over here in Europe.

EDAV, Germany

I follow Flightchops meticulously.
He does excellent videos.
It would be great to have him over in Europe in a flight.
Excellent idea.

Keep in mind he likes to document things that don’t go as planned or are not the ideal A to B flight and a indication of the European IFR system would be good maybe combined with some raw beautiful VFR flying. Venice is a top destination for such a video.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Jujupilote wrote:

Anyway, it would be difficult for him to convert his licences.

Oh he could come to the UK and fly G-reg non-EASA aircraft with his Canadian license.

Andreas IOM

alioth wrote:

fly G-reg non-EASA aircraft with his Canadian license.

Like Chris Hadfield, funny enough one can fly a Soyuz TMA above Europe but not EASA aircraft

Last Edited by Ibra at 04 Jan 14:16
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Like Reinhold Ewald, funny enough one can fly a Soyuz TMA above the USA but not FAA aircraft

Last Edited by mh at 04 Jan 15:02
mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I take that back then

Anyway, I don’t think those flights don’t fall under NAA regulatory scope (Space by definition starts at heights where even if you fly at orbital speed you will not generate enough “wing lift” to sustain your weight, for Americans it is 80km for the rest of the world it is 100km)

Last Edited by Ibra at 04 Jan 15:13
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

No answer yet, I am not so surprised.
I am considering becoming a patron, I guess it would help get his attention.
Anyone here already a patron ?
Do you still think it is a good idea ?

LFOU, France

I have made a first contact with him, he has lots of offers and is very busy.
Could you send me ideas/propositions of flying/destinations you could take him to or types you could make him fly ? I think of @Snoopy @mh and @petakas in particular but obviously anyone can contribute.
Via posts here or PM. I’m sure he could share the costs, but don’t try to make profit from him :)

It would be cool to show him :
- an Eurocontrol IFR flight
- some STOL flying, a cool grass strip with a nice community would be super cool
- some typically European types, especially aerobatics/tailwheel
- some scenic destinations like Lido, Zell am see, a Greek island….

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 23 Jan 08:18
LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

- some STOL flying, a cool grass strip with a nice community would be super cool

I would skip this because this is much bigger in the US / Canada.
If you want to show him something specific to Europe I would show him modern ultralights (Shark, Blackshape, VL3, Dynamic, …)

EBMO, EBKT

If he shows interest coming over to Europe, I could ask these guys if they are interested offering him a demo flight: http://www.blackwing.aero/

ESME, ESMS
Sign in to add your message