Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Travel options from EDME (Eggenfelden) to Scharding

Are there any EDME familiar pilots on the forum who can advise how to get from Eggenfelden to Scharding in Austria?

I know Scharding has its own airfield (LOLS) and have used LOLS a couple of times earlier in the year. But it’s business travel I am planning so I need a destination with an instrument approach for the winter.

Public transport looks awkward so guessing taxi or rental car are the only options?

Lydd

I always took a taxi to Passau if I needed EDME because I couldnt get into EDMV Vilshofen which is much closer. There may be a train that could get you closer say to Sulzbach and then taxi.

EGTK Oxford

Thanks Jason, there is a train from Eggenfelden to Passau but takes just under 2 hours. Add the taxi from EDME to Eggenfelden station then another taxi from Passau to Scharding and its around 3 hours.

A last leg like this offends the sense of aviation efficiency we enjoy when Lydd to Eggenfelden is just over 2 hours…….

Looks like a taxi from EDME to Scharding is likely the only solution.

Lydd

I think there is a 1 hour train to Sulzbach. Not via Passau.

EGTK Oxford

Flying to LOLW Wels, using an approach of LOWL, you could take a train to Schaerding that takes less than an hour.
Taxi should also be faster from Wels, since there is a motorway and no border controls.

EDM_, Germany
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message