Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Expo Friedrichshafen EDNY 10-13 April 2019

I will be there for the whole show on the PPL/IR booth. Please visit me!

I’d love to join a dinner if one is organised.

EGKB Biggin Hill

I will be on the Nflightmic stand but leaving Saturday afternoon so no dinner.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

We can have a meet on Friday also…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What about using Konstanz EDTZ as an alternative to EDNY? Do you think it is convenient enough for visiting Aero? I don’t know how much time could it take from there to reach the ‘messe’
It’s clear that in terms of proximity EDNY can’t be beat, but on the other hand, with EDTZ you avoid all the slot thing, ATC, etc.

LECU - Madrid, Spain

I wouldn’t say that slot system is too complicated and IMO it has improved over last few years. When you see the number of parked aircraft, it’s clear that some system has to be implemented in order to maintain the safety of the operations (I’m sure no ATC in Croatia or any neighboring county would be able to facilitate that number of movements). Moreover, if you’re a bit flexible (VFR departure and/or arrival), early on booking, and able to avoid rush hours then you won’t find this to be too stressful.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Coolhand wrote:

What about using Konstanz EDTZ as an alternative to EDNY?

I used this airport already 2 times in the past. If you have time, it’s a very nice alternative.
You can get to aero expo by boat: https://en.der-katamaran.de

However the airfield can be very wet and has some obstacles on both sides. On both occasions I flew a C172S at MTOW, which was fine, but I saw a lot of other planes with problems during take off (first time ever I saw (multiple) rejected take offs). For example some low powered Pipers and even a Cirrus SR22 (4POB).

EBMO, EBKT

Approximately when would one expect the slot system to go live?

Last year I missed it, there were no slots remaining, at a time that suited me.

Bluebeard
EIKH, Ireland

A search on EDNY digs out previous years’ Aero threads and there you can get some idea. It probably won’t open for some months.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I will come, to get new freinds :) . The last year the ATC was ok for arrival, landed in the evening, but for departure I had to elect VFR. For that, I had almost 1 hour taxi time. due to heavy departure traffic mixed with comemercial traffic. With this small issue , i missed the sunset at Budapest …. had to land on different field.

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

Having missed it multiple times due to one or other reasons, I will attend it on either Saturday or Sunday. However, I will drive there just because it’d be too complicated flying there.

I have landed in EDTZ. It is a fabulous place to go but not when a major event is happening nearby. Surely, a lot of people will take this alternative and this small grass field could quickly get crowded.

EDMB, Germany
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one