Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Expo Friedrichshafen EDNY 10-13 April 2019

What do people think would happen to all the VFR slots if the field ends up being OVC500ft on the day?

EGSX

They get wasted.

A lot of IFR pilots have to cancel too. One cannot fly a light plane in nasty convective weather. I once had to take an airline (nowadays this is hard except on a weekend; from many places you have to do 2 flights each way) and once I flew the TB20 to Stuttgart (which was a huge hassle, driving 3hrs in heavy rain to return the hire car and picking up 3 speed tickets from ~20km/hr cameras ).

From Gatwick one can do Zurich and then it is direct. 2hr train down to the show. Or one can fly to EDNY but this is 2 flights on a weekday and 2 flight back on Sunday, and this costs a lot more.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

TimR wrote:

What do people think would happen to all the VFR slots if the field ends up being OVC500ft on the day?

Won’t happen the way it looks right now. Looks pretty good most of the week.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Won’t happen the way it looks right now. Looks pretty good most of the week.

That would be very impressive forecasting ability if it proved correct this far in advance.

Rochester EGTO

Just to remind everyone not following the telegram group: we are having a meetup at the Felders Restaurant at 7pm local time on the Friday. Currently we have about 20 people.

No doubt there will be others during the day, especially for those who are there only for the day. There is a nice restaurant at the exhibition. I don’t know its name and can’t find it on google but it is upstairs, buffet, good food, quiet, and reasonably priced. Very few people seem to discover it

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A lot of new IFR slots have been released this morning in case anyone is still looking for one.

EGTK Oxford

Got the email as well – new slot checked!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Check our free service in the TopMeteo-Blog for the VFR weather conditions on all four days of the fair!

Jon, meteorologist and co-founder of TopMeteo

Germany

Stand A6-410… There most if the time.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

My pal’s had to drop out so I’ve got a seat going Fairoaks EGTF to Friedrichshafen EDNY tomorrow (11th) back Saturday (13th). Need answer by 1700Z when I will be filing FP.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one