Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Expo Friedrichshafen EDNY 10-13 April 2019

Peter wrote:

I always forgot to bring it with me, and getting back airside to the plane was too much of a hassle.

In some places the difference is enough to make it well worth while – a couple of hundred €

I keep all my documents on my phone for exactly these circumstances.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Timothy wrote:

United Kingdom
Timothy 18-Mar-19 12:03 59
TimR wrote:
Is this enough as proof?
I would guess not, as the guy in the tower or the office is not going to inspect what prop you have. I think that he will want to see an aircraft specific one. They often take a copy.

Agree with you but the “limit” value is the same for all aircraft’s of the same category. I’ll try and see what happens…

EGSX

The muppets have changed their advice again:

sorry for the inconveniences caused by the two different answers.

I have doublechecked it with the General Aviation Office and they said that a slot for Tuesday must be booked.

We apologise for the trouble caused.

They don’t seem to have a clue.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Muppets, Muppets, Muppets, Muppets, Muppets:

On the occasion of AERO 2019, all flights to and from Friedrichshafen (EDNY) are subject to PPR from 10 APR – 13 APR 2019. This does not apply to scheduled and charter flights, or VFR departures.

Before 10th Apr and after 13th Apr no PPR needed.

They simply don’t have a clue, they are utterly incompetent, yet they’ll be down like a tonne of bricks on any pilot who gets anything wrong.

EGKB Biggin Hill

It has always been like this. Total in-your-face arrogance. I will set myself two alarm clocks so I wake up early on 27th to book the slot. The booking site opens 0500 UK time.

I think the people who run the airport don’t want the Aero show to be there.

Once, on short final, the guy was telling me I nearly stalled the plane and his watching my speed saved an accident. He didn’t know the difference between IAS and the ground speed which his radar display was showing

The guys who organise the parking and fuel tend to be efficient. I have made a note to absolutely not accept being told to park on grass; this happened a few years ago and we could get the plane out only because there were 3 of us.

The approach controllers (Swiss, I believe) are also very competent.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Timothy wrote:

They simply don’t have a clue, they are utterly incompetent, yet they’ll be down like a tonne of bricks on any pilot who gets anything wrong.

Their (the airport’s) own web site says PPR required March 10-13!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Could everyone please advise how many of you are coming? I have already posted this Q in the telegram group, but not everyone is in there.

The restaurant needs to know the rough numbers, which are looking pretty good and probably around 30.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Could everyone please advise how many of you are coming? I have already posted this Q in the telegram group, but not everyone is in there.

Do you want us to repeat previous posts about that?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I have gone through the posts in here and in the telegram group. We have 26 in total, but most people have not responded as to total number so I put “1” in for them.

Administrator

If arriving and departing IFR two slots are required (VFR departures do not require a slot). Does anyone know if two slot fees are charged for this?

Link here.

EGSX
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one