Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Expo Friedrichshafen EDNY 10-13 April 2019

TimR wrote:

If arriving and departing IFR two slots are required (VFR departures do not require a slot). Does anyone know if two slot fees are charged for this?
Previous times I was at AERO (2015 and 2017) only one fee was charged. At least when you booked both slots at the same time.
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

They threw away the previous accounts “due to GDPR” (always a useful reason and mostly misunderstood in its applicability ) so you need to create a new account. It may be a good idea to do this asap because tomorrow it will be mayhem on the slot booking.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I got the slot I wanted on Thursday evening… The slot booking system actually works well even though every single interaction takes two minutes due to the load.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I booked my arrival on 11th, Thursday. Very slow website. Thousands of people hitting it all at once.

The departure of 14th is greyed-out so a slot is not required for a Sunday departure.

Don’t forget to hack the ETA in your flight plan to fall into the slot you booked, otherwise EDNY will suspend (cancel, in effect) your flight plan. On the Autorouter you cannot hack the EET so I normally use EuroFPL to file these.

Administrator

@Airborne_Again did you manage to get an IFR arrival & departure under one package?

EGSX

Painful, but managed to book the slots I wanted…

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

After exactly 30 minutes of fighting against super-slow slot booking system (started at 6:00 local time sharp), I managed to book IFR arrival on Friday 10:00 UTC and departure on Saturday 13:00 UTC.

I haven’t seen many already taken slots but the systems is incredibly slow. For each response (like changing the date or confirming the time) I was waiting more than a minute and login lasted more than two minutes.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Probably written by a contractor paid per byte and running on a dead slow server

Administrator

Oh no! I booked exactly the same slots as you @Emir!
Hopefully the systema allows several slots at the same time…otherwise I got it first ;)

Antonio
LESB, Spain

In fact I am unsure I will make it since my aircraft is down for maintenance…hopefully it can be ready by then!

Antonio
LESB, Spain
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one