Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A visit to Deauville and Honfleur (LFRG)

Noe wrote:

live lobsters

Do you squawk 7500 if they escape in-flight?

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Don’t forget to update your GAR for the live lobsters though!

Noe wrote:

I especially like the market, where you can either buy seafood (and bring back), or have it cooked there at no extra fee, and essentially eat at market price.

Yes! That is certainly a highlight.

jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom

jgmusic wrote:

The restaurant prices suddenly drop on that side of the water

I especially like the market, where you can either buy seafood (and bring back), or have it cooked there at no extra fee, and essentially eat at market price.

Deauville is nice enough but Trouville, a short walk over the bridge, is much more charming IMHO. The restaurant prices suddenly drop on that side of the water, away from the racing fraternity

jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom

I can help with transport too a Saturday, I live at less an hour driving of LFRG.

Caen LFRK, France

It’s true that we have done lots of these on weekdays, which is difficult for many…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Definitely a good place for a fly-in, once you arrange some ground transportation. Be aware you will be parked on grass from May to September, but it is good grass.

There is a bus stopping at the airport, but it is not efficient for a day trip.
If you set a date on a Saturday and early (say a month before), we can carry you around with 2 cars (so about 6 pax). For free

LFOU, France

We should do a fly-in there Then, 4-up, the taxi won’t be expensive.

Unfortunately, for some reason very few French pilots come to the many meet-ups we do in N France.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Will check the place for food some Saturday this summer ;)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message