Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Airfields with bicycles

ESSI is my favorite place for air-camping night stop on my way to Stockholm, but you have to also add it is a remote remote location ;-).

Airborne_Again wrote:

Visingsö (ESSI) has bikes

That looks very nice, on the summer hit list !

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

We have our own Brompton`s. But Barth EDBH comes to mind where one can cycle nicely to the beach.

Berlin, Germany

Glenswinton is a fair old cycle ride to the nearest nice bathing beach, so the owner used to lend visitors a trike:

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

There are lots of fields with bicycles here in Germany. Nearly every east frisian island has. Peenemünde (Baltic Sea) has them and also some nice E-cars. But as said by others a Brompton is always a very good choice.

I suggest we do a Lean approach and only talk on airfields with No bicycles? After first thought I have a hard time remembering a place without possibility to rent a bike.

Last Edited by at 01 Mar 09:11

Oban/EGEO has free bikes. There’s two ways of getting into Oban by bike – one of them is very undulating and the other only slightly so, make sure you ask which one to take based on your level of fitness :-) (The one marked as a cycle route is the very undulating one).

Andreas IOM

Höganäs
Sturgate

EGCJ, United Kingdom

Vilshofen has bikes too, but I carry also my Gocycles

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

Very nice … did you get the bike painted to match in the correct Socata “pearlscent” white?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message