Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Easter destinations

Any good suggestions for peaceful and civilised destinations over Easter weekend – ie. away from the usual hordes of bank holiday tourists and inflated prices? Ideally UK and northern Europe as there will be a new-born baby POB .

jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom

If you want peace and quite you will find lots of it in Scandinavia, the further up north the better. ;)

ESSZ, Sweden

Fly310 wrote:

If you want peace and quite you will find lots of it in Scandinavia, the further up north the better. ;)

Ha, very true. I would love to fly to Sweden one day but it might be a little ambitious for a first baby voyage…

jgmusic

jgmusic wrote:

but it might be a little ambitious for a first baby voyage

You could do the actual flying though and leave baby in the back

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Have you thought about how you’ll protect the hearing of the baby at such a delicate stage of their life?

I’m not sure you could find a headset to fit a newborn, and even harder to find one that you could keep on them for the duration of the flight.

Flying without hearing protection in an SEP is a very bad thing for anyone, never mind a new-born, so unless you can solve this problem, I wouldn’t do it.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Peter_Mundy wrote:

You could do the actual flying though and leave baby in the

Very good! Never say aviators don’t have a sense of humour

jgmusic

dublinpilot wrote:

Have you thought about how you’ll protect the hearing of the baby at such a delicate stage of their life?

Yes, indeed. EMS manufacturer ear defenders that are suitable for newborns. Medical opinion is that anything above 4 weeks is safe, so all good. Ultimately if it proves too much we’ll divert or return home, hence thinking of modest distances…

jgmusic

Yes, indeed. EMS manufacturer ear defenders that are suitable for newborns.

Coll in Scotland might be nice if you simply want to get away from it all, and get some peace and quiet. The Coll hotel is nice and serves good food. Not a lot around, but plenty of rest and relaxation and some beaches to explore. With a newborn, you probably want as much sleep as possible! But in case you fancy staying up light, Coll is also a dark sky park, so a good opportunity for some star gazing.

If you want a little more ‘life’ you could try the Isle of Man. It shows the utility of flying (much easier to get their by airplane than car), it’s big enough to keep you entertained but probably not on the mainstream tourist trail for Easter?

Caernarfon Castle is also an enjoyable visit.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

jgmusic wrote:

Ideally UK and northern Europe as there will be a new-born baby POB

That is a good way to keep current

I am heading to Scotland this easter mainly inner/outer Hebrides from EGSX (places to visit are not set in stone yet but I am looking for the ones with few tourists or I can’t make on airline ticket), ping me if you are going that north and hopefully the wind will calm down (at the moment you have to fly to Wales to get a track to Scotland )

Last Edited by Ibra at 13 Mar 22:47
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

dublinpilot wrote:

Coll in Scotland might be nice

Coll looks amazing! It’s certainly remote although even there the Easter rush has taken hold as the hotel is full. Definitely one for another time though, thanks

Caernarfon is on my list and still has accommodation so I might venture there.

jgmusic
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message