Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Easter-trip to France

Sorry for not providing a trip report… I was busy flying all the time. Today, I finally got my PPL-A license So the Corona-spare-time was not in vain for me…

As soon as I’m back from my holiday, I will post a report of my practical exams… until then, have a nice time :-)

EDSO, Germany

Hi Ibra,

already the second one, so I already know how it’s like with no sleep ;-)

The trip was perfect! I’ll add photos within the next few days, I’m too busy atm. Thanks again to all of you for your support!

EDSO, Germany

@TobiasM congrats for the expected baby, fly while you can have enough sleep

Last Edited by Ibra at 13 Jul 17:25
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Probably not an AZBA. These are a small fraction of the military areas.

Bale info will tell you, but on that day, it is unlikely it is active.

LFOU, France

Ha… that sounds gorgeous :-) And thanks for the congratulations!

I just talked with the operator of LFHS, 100 LL is available H24 with total card and I can pay the landing fees by putting some Euros in the post box – that’s really cool!

Just one more thing: The AZBA’s are not active, but what about LFR 158 A and B? I can’t find them in the AZBA…

Thanks again :-)

EDSO, Germany

You are right.
Tomorrow is the French national day. The whole army and air force left parade on the Champs Elysees.
There are huge restricted areas for the fly over but far from what you want to fly.

No worries on this side ! If you wanted to land in LFLY, one of you could pay the fees while the other refuels. But a small field will make the turnaround quicker.

Be safe ! And congratulations ;)

LFOU, France

I think, I’ll then try Bourg-en-Bresse LFHS, I’ve already been there and they have AvGas H24 with Total Carnet.

And regarding flying there and back again in one day: We are two pilots so we change seats after half of the trip :-)

Just one thing regarding the AZBA: For Tuesday, I only find a PDF for activation until 03:38 UTC. Does this mean that in the other times of the day there is no activation planned?

Thanks again in advance!

EDSO, Germany

If you fly VFR and have no need for Lyon, I would refuel in Beaune LFGF with Total (boscomantico had another airfield somewhere near).
Thereafter you do not need a second FP, just go.

EDM_, Germany

TobiasM wrote:

my wife is pregnant and insists on my being at home at the evening

Congratulations! Get the flying done now

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

The French BRIA have become quite picky about that.

That would mean the Autorouter function to bring a FP back would not work a lot of the time. I have often used it for say original EOBT minus 30 mins. That is IFR, so goes via Eurocontrol, but same principle. That AR function files a completely new FP.

Does France formally enforce a 1hr min delay from filing to EOBT?

Skydemon doesn‘t even allow you to file with less than one hour of leadtime now

That’s dumb, if done for all of Europe.

FWIW, I do always pre-file everything from home, even if going away for a few days. I do that a) because a late IFR filing much more likely gets a CTOT and b) if my phone etc blows up I merely need to stick to the original plan.

In the example of the OP I normally leave a 1hr gap; anything less is taking a chance (even at a super quick French / TOTAL card scenario there might be a queue at the pump, or you might get a Brit who can’t work out the French instructions despite having inserted a UK AIR BP card ) and if it takes longer one can simply phone (or radio) the tower and delay it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
31 Posts
Sign in to add your message