Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Southern Italy in May/June 2019

Collina, it is mentioned in Fliegen in Italien , headline of chapter 2. You may profit from that fantastic site if you use google translate (or with markedly better translation, but only text copy and paste, no web page including structure): deepl.com/translator

Last Edited by a_kraut at 02 May 14:00
Bremen (EDWQ), Germany

Yes, I meant „Aviosuperficie Collina“ in Borgo San Lorenzo. A very beautiful airfield, and a reasonably long, well kept even grass runway.

Oh, and if you are into racing and Ferraris, the Mugello racetrack is right next to it.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Am I right that the avgas situation in Italy is improving?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

In April 2019 100ll was 3.0 euros per liter at LE04, next to Lecce. But you should ask for it in advance.They have it barrels.
Airport and manger are super GA friendly.

LEAX , Spain

Lecce is open? Good to know!

Tököl LHTL

Am I right that the avgas situation in Italy is improving?

Not really. In the last couple of years, a handful of places has stopped having/selling it, while another handful of places has started doing so.

What has changed a bit is that nowadays, the info on where one can get Avgas „travels“ better, thanks to Avioportolano, Skydemon, Runwaymap etc.

That said, north of Rome, the situation has always been very good. It‘s only south of Rome that things get a bit bad.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 03 May 21:19
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks for the info, I got a quote from LIRQ for “Overnight parking technical area €170,00 minimum” and many other charges – bringing total costs I can calculate to about €1000 for 3 nights for a Cirrus. Seems excessive. I looked into Lucca – seems much better, and most of the extra travel time will be recovered by the smaller less formal airport I expect.

1000€ for a Cirrus.. you can turn around a 747 at EDDF for that sum.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

1000€ for a Cirrus.. you can turn around a 747 at EDDF for that sum.

But would also pay about the same for a Cirrus or a PA29 or a C172 at EDDF, just for a quick stop …

Germany

I went to Lucca in 2014. A very easy airport. The walled town is also nice for a day’s walkabout.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message