Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Southern Italy in May/June 2019

Thanks, it will be Lucca one way – they are closed during the afternoon for the return trip – so I am also looking at Brindisi.

Despite what was written above – Brindisi airport administration just wrote to me that no Avgas is available at BDS LIBR. Similarly AirBP say jet only, and so does AEG fuels.

Does anyone know the AVGAS supplier in Brindisi so that I can confirm directly please?

Update – Skyservices say that Avgas is available at LIBR – I will continue to follow up – I know a friend who was stranded once without range to safely reach refueling, and had to wait 2 days and spend several €000 for a truck delivery.

Brindisi “has had” (meaning: not had) avgas most of the time I have been flying down to those parts i.e. since about 2004 Then they “had” but actually did not. Then they “not had” but actually had… So nobody bothered with it and stopped at Corfu. In 2006 Corfu got taken over and trashed by Fraport and is a few hundred € plus, so… I would use Dubrovnik – a brilliant helpful smooth well organised airport which costs €50 and where everything works and you get a welcome, and usually the browser man arrives before you shut the engine down.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Foggia LIBF has fuel and is a quick turnover.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

LIBR – yes, they have AVGAS – watch out for extortionate handline fees – quoted €257 for a technical stop with a Cirrus by Delta services

May I suggest Skyservices. Weekend stop over in Bari LIBD with a C172 came to 69.00 euro.
If you are an AOPA member you get a small discount.

Last Edited by AfricanEagle at 06 May 10:40
Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Sabbasolo,

it seems you are doing something wrong with your quote requests…
Yes, the big Italian airports are a pain and expensive, but not as bad as you suggest.
Most of the pireps I have on Florence and Brindisi are more like 100-150 Euros for an overnight.
But yes, Delta seem to have become particularly expensive now.

Generally, I suggest you learn how to operate your Cirrus into and out of 500-600 metre strips (it’s within the capabilities of the aircraft, though not of all pilots). This will open up a new world of airfields for you, particularly in Italy.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

With the Cirrus you can fly straight from e.g. Lido to Sicily without refuel needs.

EDLE, Netherlands

Thanks, I have operated from short strips in the usa like Palo Alto, just requires being precise. You are correct to some degree, Skyserve is cheaper, and more in line with your range. Part of my initial quote was the CORRISPETTIVI OBBLIGATORI – Programma Nazionale per la Sicurezza dell’Aviazione Civile which added another 150.

As always, thanks for your help.

Has anyone been to Bari LIBD recently?

Nothing on our database but that is only about a year old.

The AIP suggests 100LL may be available

They have great opening hours. This is for LGKC – avgas+overnight – LDLO. LGKC has limited opening hours (afternoon only).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message