Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Plan B: VFR to Croatia Easter 2019

Some FB videos are set so they can be watched externally, while some require a FB account. If it was me I would use settings for the former because a lot of people don’t have a FB account. And I don’t blame them because e.g. the FB app can upload all your contacts to FB and who knows where they go from there? FB uses them for the “people you may know” feature, along with data from its takeover of Whatsapp, etc. I use FB only via a web browser.

Tobias – look at windy.com. The easter weekend looks nice in Croatia.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Accomodation Mali Losinj: Mare Mare suites. We had a suite with two adjacent rooms, nice harbor view, found it good value. Nice people

Last Edited by a_kraut at 16 Apr 15:43
Bremen (EDWQ), Germany

Fixed link on previous post, now YouTube.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Thanks AfricanEagle, looks great. a_kraut, thanks for the tip, I will contact them as soon as everything’s clear. Peter, wow, that page is great… although I see some clouds on my way that wer not mentioned by the German Wetterdienst. We’ll see… I’ll be calling them again on Thursday, then I’ll get a reliable forecast

EDSO, Germany

I’ll be going to crotia on friday as well.
The winds look good and only a couple of clouds (mostly Cu) are forecasted.
I would suggest going quite early in the morning because the alps are going to be bumpy due to thermals from 10 or 11 am LOC or to cross the alps in high altitude. I normaly try to go in FL125 as far as possible to avoid inconvinience for the passengers.

My planned route is: Suben – Mauterndorf – GIMIX – USELU – Pula (short break for the Pax and customs) – ADRIA 1 Route – Dubrvonik. This way you have very little to do in terms of radio work (only handovers most of the time) and the legs are short enough so the Pax don’t get cramps :)

The returntrip will be on sunday which looks promising at the moment.
Due to the need to transport 4 people I will be flying a C172R.

Last Edited by ASW22 at 16 Apr 16:23
Austria

Is there any staff at Hvar, to take landing fees etc?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Not really. Honor system. There is a place to leave the fees. I’m not even sure there are any written instructions, but there may be. I forget whether it was in a mailbox or through the door, but I was asked to figure out the fees and leave them when I left. Sometimes staff is there.

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 16 Apr 20:16
Tököl LHTL

Flying into Lošinj on Friday as well. Plan to leave on Monday but will be keeping a very close eye on the weather.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

That’s pretty cool flightstudent. Do you already know where you’ll be staying and when you’ll arrive?

EDSO, Germany

Booked the Alhambra, the misses likes luxury…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France
Sign in to add your message