Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in to Mali Losinj LDLO June 2019

Hotel Apoksiomen definitely doesn’t work. I just passed by and it’s closed without any notice or sign that it would be open any time soon.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It was a nice dinner with the crews of the 3 planes who finally made it. It was great to meet you (again).

EDDS , Germany

Emir wrote:

swimming

That picture is magnificent! Makes me wanna jump right in!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Total number of aircrafts yesterday on LDLO apron was 68 – absolute record since airport was opened 1986.

Last Edited by Emir at 09 Jun 11:29
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

68 movements, or 68 parked concurrently?

I am sure EuroGA has played a big part in putting these islands on the GA map

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

68 movements, or 68 parked concurrently?

68 parked concurrently at peak. They were considering issuing NOTAM on no available parking space.

Number of operations was even higher because some left when I arrived, their regular taxi had few operations and there were some panoramic flights.

I am sure EuroGA has played a big part in putting these islands on the GA map.

Definitely.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

For once I don’t regret having cancelled a trip. I would not have got back today, or anytime soon this week

Lots of IMC with tops way too high, and TS activity embedded within. And too widespread to fly around it.

Funnily enough it was bad wx on the last one too – May 2014 – when the return flight was in IMC from the start of the Alps all the way to nearly Shoreham. But I knew there was no convective wx in it. We flew across Germany and Belgium etc in IMC and rain, but the temp was just above 0C.

I will try LDLO again the weekend of the 15th June. So if anyone wants to have a go…

Administrator

Finale the flight back was uneventful. We had to pass only one shower on the way back to EDDS and all the rest was VFR conditions at FL 120 and then FL 90. @Peter look at the photos on the telegram group.

EDDS , Germany

Nice

I will try LDLO 15th June. Currently the wx looks ok.

Administrator

If anyone is interested in flying down, the telegram joining link is https://t.me/joinchat/BcKpDkyHJyONck3gdUOevA

Administrator
Sign in to add your message