Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in to an airfield festival, Germany

Hi there,

yesterday I was talking to the president of our aeroclub, regarding our airport festival on September 07.+08. this year. I told him, since I’ve got so much help and advices in this forum, why not make it possible for all of you to land at our airfield? He was very open-minded and he told me, that our tower will be manned (or womaned) with an English speaking person – might be as well myself, if I am not busy as the airfield announcer

So my question is, is there any interest in visiting a German airfield festival (with a small flying program, a little aerobatics, a meeting of the VANS flyers, a microlight biplane meeting and model flying) with you?

If you feel like visiting us, feel free to contact me, I can arrange contact to a nice, yet rustic but very beautiful hotel at 3 km from our airfield. Staying overnight will be no problem at all, but we have no free hangar space, so you have to park outside. The airstrip itself is about 600 meters, should be fine with all single-props. If you would like to get some information, you can look at the German AIP for EDSO or visit www.aeroclub-gs.de. Just send me an email at mail at marx-fds.de, if you want to know some more details or just answer here.

I’d be very glad to welcome lots of you in September!

Tobias

Last Edited by TobiasM at 24 May 20:09
EDSO, Germany

I’ve changed the subject name slightly to maybe get more response.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Great idea!

LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland

I would also be interested in visiting! Unfortunately I can’t afford to fly there myself so if anybody who would like to go has a spare seat from the EDLN/EDKB area then I would be interested in hearing from you!

Would camping be allowed on the airfield?

Last Edited by NinerEchoPapa at 26 May 19:10
EDLN/EDLF, Germany

Sure, we have a small own camp site close to the hangars, so everyone sleeps close to their plane :-)

EDSO, Germany

NinerEchoPapa wrote:

I would also be interested in visiting! Unfortunately I can’t afford to fly there myself so if anybody who would like to go has a spare seat from the EDLN/EDKB area then I would be interested in hearing from you!

@NinerEchoPapa Just reading this now. That might work for me.. I.e. flying from EDLN and taking you along! I put this in my calender, let’s see as we get closer to the date!

Last Edited by Patrick at 11 Jun 08:32
Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Patrick wrote:

@NinerEchoPapa Just reading this now. That might work for me.. I.e. flying from EDLN and taking you along! I put this in my calender, let’s see as we get closer to the date!

Great! I’ll add it to mine too. Nothing stopping me from attending so far. Tobias, I suppose you can expect us both to be there!

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

That really sounds nice! Sorry for my late reply, but I was really busy the last few weeks. Last evening we had the last meeting prior to our Fly-In – and they chose me to be the “Tower Guy” for the two days :-) That means I will be able to take care of your landing, but I will need to stay on the tower until at least 7 pm… but my colleagues will be taking care of you then :-) Just one thing: Please tell me your planned time of arrival, because we will have plenty of model flying on our airfield on Saturday. FYI, we have AvGas and MoGas on our Airfield. If you need Diesel, feel free to contact me a few days in advance.

As promised, camping under your wings as well as on our private camping grounds will be possible. The best option indeed would be staying in the hotel Deutsches Haus in Gruibingen. If you want to stay there, feel free to contact me via WhatsApp, Zero-Zero-Four-Niner-One-Five-Seven-Eight-Five-Niner-Five-Tree-Tree-Four-Two. I will gladly arrange your stay there for small money.

I hope that many of you read this thread – I would be happy to make this an “inofficial” Fly-In for all the euroga.org-members! I just need your replies as soon as possible to reserve the accomodations for all of you.

Glad to hear/read your replies!

Tobias

EDSO, Germany

Hi Tobias – unfortunately, I will have to give this event a pass this time, as I’m on the process of moving house. Hopefully next time!

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message