Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

German VFR AIP / airfield information / which German airfields have Immigration

I’m looking at flying to Germany next week, and recall from far back that they choose not to put the VFR AIP online. However, I signed up to the AIS Portal expecting to at least find the IFR AIP; and nothing. The AIP link from Eurocontrol just takes me to an online pilot shop. Where can I find the AIP info, and especially info on which airfields have customs/immigration?

Last Edited by Katamarino at 26 May 09:54
Kent, UK

I have the German VFR guide which you are welcome to consult

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

As per numerous discussions, German authorities see that apparently as commercial information…
There is a backdoor, though, for some info.
1. Register with eurocontrol (Basic will do)
https://www.ead.eurocontrol.int
2. Go to the AIP Library
3. Select Germany, civil, AIP, AD
…and you get at least the usual AIP data sheets which tell you opening hours, customs, fuel etc

Success ;-)

Last Edited by ch.ess at 26 May 10:35
EDM_, Germany

Or use Skydemon. Or even the free autorouter. Access to the German AIP is free and easy.

However, it only gives you those airfields which have IFR procedures. If you want comprehensive info on the VFR-only ones, you need the AIP VFR or the Jeppesen.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 26 May 11:31
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Much obliged to all for the replies, thank you. I think that’s pointed me to the information that I need!

Kent, UK

For Germany get the small booklet called ‘Fliegertaschenkalender’, all airfields information in there for small money. Beware of sources like SD, their information is often not complete.

Last Edited by Markuus at 26 May 13:27
Germany

Markuus wrote:

For Germany get the small booklet called ‘Fliegertaschenkalender’, all airfields information in there for small money. Beware of sources like SD, their information is often not complete.

Actually, SD is much more accurate and up-to-date than the Fliegertaschenkalender, especially when integrating the DFS plates and especially in times of changing frequencies (8.33 kHz).

However, I do not think the VFR plates are necessary, you can fly with generic data in SD.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

It‘s true though that SD has some weird problems with their DFS-supplied „data“. Look at, for example, the opening times of EDFZ, both in The AIP VFR and then in SD. Ouch! I mass Rob Hart aware two times. But they don‘t manage to resolve it. Very poor! I thus don‘t use SD (i.e. their in-app data) anymore for such critical things such as opening times.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yes, that SS-closing. I thinks that is a minor problem compared to wrong Frequencies in the FTK and an update cycle of one year. If in doubt about opening hours or the presence of english speaking Flugleiter, just call the airfield. Don’t Brits call ahead all the time anyway? I don’t think it justifies the purchase of the VFR plates.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Don’t Brits call ahead all the time anyway?

Many do phone ahead in the UK but when flying abroad they tend to email, which rarely works because most airports don’t reply to emails.

What is useful is getting hold of the Jeppesen “VFR Europe” package; this contains the VFR approach charts (VACs) etc.

Does Germany not publish the textual AIP for all its airports? I know we have done this before but IIRC it does publish the textual AIP for airport with instrument approaches, or something like that, but you still don’t get the VACs for those.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message