Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

September 2019 fly-in: Montenegro, Tivat / Kotor LYTV 7/8 September

We have never done a fly-in there, and it ticks all the boxes for a successful fly-in. That coastline in particular is really beautiful. Needs a bit of research as to avgas, for example.

Any preferences for which weekend in September?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Tivat LYTV has possitive feedback on SkyDemon, with one pilot reporting 60 GBP fee including overnight parking.

They also have 7000 litres 100LL according to AIP.

Last Edited by Dimme at 05 Jun 10:57
ESME, ESMS

I was there a hundred years ago (actually 34 years ago) and I remember the coastal cities were very scenic. All what I’ve recently read about that area, shows that it’s pretty much unchanged with relatively small influence of apartment building comparing to the rest of Mediterranean. So we could land at Tivat LYTV and then go to Tivat or Kotor (two cities I would say at walking distance from the airport). The accommodation in September should not be a problem, it is less crowdy and weather-wise is probably the best month at Adriatic sea.

Airport’s web site claims both 100LL and Jet-A1 are available http://www.montenegroairports.com/eng/index2.php?a=3&m=801&o=1&ms=3#sg but I sent e-mail to airport authorities to check this additionally.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Jugopetrol sounds like something you put in this beautiful vehicle

ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

Jugopetrol sounds like something you put in this beautiful vehicle

Oh you youngsters I’m sure you didn’t have the opportunity to sit behind the wheel of this beauty. Yugo was exported to USA (probably the worst car ever reached New World) and was even mentioned by Bruce Willis in some action movie as comparison when some car wasn’t able to drive faster regardless pushing throttle pedal

BTW 100LL is not available at LYTV – confirmed by operator. I’m trying to find out if we can get bowser there if we confirm our arrival and some quantity.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

I’m sure you didn’t have the opportunity to sit behind the wheel of this beauty.

I did. The smell was lovely!

Back on topic:

A1440/19 NOTAMR A4225/18
Q) LYBA/QFUAU/IV/NBO/A /000/999/4224N01843E005
A) LYTV B) 1904191134 C) PERM
E) FUEL 100LL NOT AVBL.
REF: AIP/VFR AIP, AD 2 LYTV 1.1, LYTV AD 2.4
CREATED: 19 Apr 2019 11:35:00
SOURCE: EUECYIYN

Too bad. But even if they cannot get fuel maybe some nearby airport in Croatia can serve as the fuel stop.

ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

But even if they cannot get fuel maybe some nearby airport in Croatia can serve as the fuel stop.

Dubrovnik LDDU is just around the corner, some 25-30 NM and always has 100LL. Other Croatian airports are also not so far away, probably with LDSB as the best candidate (low fees, no PPR, international, 100LL and Jet-A1 available).

However, there’s chance if we confirm arrival in advance and if we take some commitments, airport can ensure bowser with 100LL. I just got confirmation e-mail both from airport operator and security.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Been there early May.

NO AVGAS and will probably never be there again.
Planes are not liked as departure roite overflies the main posh marina of Tivat.

I can confirm the costs as reported by SD (I put my review on eddh).

Limited space for parking – but then again, how many will actually come ;-)

Great food options, nice mountains almost down to the beach (gravel only)

Neither Tivat nor Kotor are really walking distance. Tivat maybe, but a highway w/o walking space and cars racing by.
Kotor is either a long walk over a hill or a very long walk along the coast.

Last Edited by ch.ess at 05 Jun 14:16
EDM_, Germany

With a good location and good wx we can get 20 planes. Elba was something like that.

Brac is just up the road in case avgas can’t be arranged. Dubrovnik too, super airport for 50 euros.

Walking distance is irrelevant since on any meet up one has to get taxis. Le Touquet is about the only exception.

All very accessible from all over Europe.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Beautiful approach

And departure

Taxi is very affordable (10€ from, 5 € to AP), walking distance was just response to earlier comment.

Last Edited by ch.ess at 05 Jun 15:16
EDM_, Germany
105 Posts
Sign in to add your message