Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

September 2019 fly-in: Montenegro, Tivat / Kotor LYTV 7/8 September

We pushed the airport to ensure place – it would be shame not to use it.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

You can see a bit of Montenegro here, starting at 4:22

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Probably around 2 aircraft may be going on to Ioanina LGIO for 1 or 2 nights. If anyone is interested (and are not reading the telegram group) please get in touch. LGIO is basically easy but AFAIK you need to contact them in advance.

One pilot cancelled and said he has a room booked at Kotor, but then he dropped out of contact. If someone is really interested in this I can try to get in touch with him.

Currently we are at 9 aircraft for LYTV. That’s a nice size group – maybe 15-20 people.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I forwarded latest update to LYTV and they confirmed everything was ok from their side. Since we’re 9, there’s still one free place for last minute comers but info on type and reg has to be communicated to LYTV.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I’ve just flown the visual circuit at Tivat. They ask you to fly to VRP SOLAN at 500ft. My advice? Don’t. You’ll hit terrain.

It’s a fairly tight circuit from SOLAN at 500ft with rising terrain to your right – will post a video.

My advice for runway 32 would be a long final from TAZ.

Those two visual routes in/out are both through (yes through) terrain if flown at that altitude. Wow.

United Kingdom

Same on the way out. Just tell them unable when they give you silly altitudes and tell them what you’re going to be doing.

No AOPA discount to be had, €79 all in with two overnights. Service at the airport bar ATC was really good!

Be careful with taxis, the correct tariff should be “1” and Porto Montenegro should be around €5.

Last Edited by LawrenceDudley at 01 Sep 15:23
United Kingdom

Lawrence, i agree that a straight in from TAZ appears easier for 32.

But the chart prescribes 500 AGL, which is OK.
Done it earlier this year, it should be ok with our size planes.

Have a look at the visual circling approach for 14 and imagine a small CAT having to make these turns ;-)

EDM_, Germany

Yup, chart says 500AGL but ATC ask for 500MSL. As I said, bit out there.

United Kingdom

I guess they just said „500 feet“, leaving you in the unclear. That also happens in Italy occasionally, and some visiting pilots remain a bit shocked…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yes, it could as well be 500 on
QNH
QFE
“Radar altimeter”

Last Edited by Noe at 02 Sep 14:56
Sign in to add your message