Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

September 2019 fly-in: Montenegro, Tivat / Kotor LYTV 7/8 September

Less than 4 km from airport to Tivat center – let’s call it running distance

And yes, Kotor is pretty far – 11 km but it can also be called running distance

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I’d be interested in a fly-in to Tivat in September. I have no preference about any weekends, but I’ll be flying VFR, so probably early September is better for weather.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

We are also interested. Should be possible to combine with a couple of days stop in Bratislava.

ESG..., Sweden

I might go there during summer for couple of days to check the situation. It’s just short 1.5 hour flight for me and I might collect some useful info. However, it will depend on other arrangements and my ability to juggle them.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

What about Podgoritsa? Capital.city and what I hear quite scenic.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I just came back from Tivat (LYTV), confirmed they do not have AVGAS. They’re also quite particular in regards to parking so make sure to request that a little in advance. The GA apron is of decent size but they do get some larger equipment parked there (saw a Gulfstream, SF50 and Learjet whilst there). They gave me pretty specific arrival and departure times due to parking constraints.

I paid €103 for 2 nights parking, 2 pax and a 1600kg aircraft. They throw on all sorts of charges; apron handling, terminal handling (?), passenger security, passenger customs etc.

I was asked if we were 3 crew or if I had any pax.. I said 2 pax but the fees would have been significantly lower had we all signed off as crew. This question came up in a few places (especially in regards to right seat passenger being co-pilot)… no-one ever checked any licenses…

If people are interested in the exact breakdown of fees at LYTV I can try to dig up the handwritten receipt.

EGSX

In the absence of input (on the date, or even another location) I am fixing this for the weekend of 7th/8th September.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I would be interested on any weekend other than 7/8. If date remains that weekend will have to leave first thing Sunday…

The sky is the limit
EGKB, United Kingdom

One thing is that we could make this say a two-location meet-up. I often think that the long flight back home to the UK gets a bit boring so a stop somewhere for a couple of days is worth doing. However that stop would be on weekdays…

Avgas is not a problem because most will need to stop enroute. Brac LDSB is ideal, as is Mali Losinj LDLO, etc. These also make great stops enroute for a bit.

The better place to stay down there is Kotor. We have booked a place here

Administrator

Brac LDSB is offering, for a group of five or more, 50% discount on handling, landing and parking fees, regardless of AOPA membership.

For under five aircraft, you need to be a member of some AOPA to get the discount.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message