Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

September 2019 fly-in: Montenegro, Tivat / Kotor LYTV 7/8 September

Hi everybody!
I have followed this forum for years but never joined on trips or discussions. Don’t do much of international flying and this group seems very experienced.
But it all seems terribly fun and I am thinking of this trip in September. Do you have any advice for a rookie?
If I decide to go, I would be flying from the south of Sweden.
Best regards
LA

ESMS, Sweden

Do you have any advice for a rookie?

Split your trip to reasonable legs, don’t exhaust yourself. Be flexible on timing, you might have to depart or return a day earlier or later than planned due to weather. Be ready to cancel the trip or return halfway if the weather really doesn’t cooperate. Don’t accept any pressure of must attending – we’re doing this for fun – and if you can’t come, don’t worry; you’ll be able to come next time.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Welcome to EuroGA, Lars

With a PA28R, and especially as you have an IR, it is a straightforward flight, across Germany, the low Alps, over Slovenia, Croatia, to say Brac LDSB for avgas. Plenty of easy stops along the way. If you need any help with routing, lots of people here will help you.

On a more general matter:

The airport would like to know what planes are coming. Also the restaurant needs to be organised.

Could everyone coming please let me know (here, by PM, or email)

• aircraft type and reg
  • POB
  • number for restaurant (if different from above POB)
  • forum nickname
  • any EuroGA t-shirt (I have M L XL XXL; not many left now) at €10

I won’t post any real names anywhere but it would be nice to post a general list of who is coming, since many people wait to see who else is coming. If anyone doesn’t want to be on that list, please let me know.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Have 9 aircraft so far

Administrator

Administrator

Peter I posted on the telegram that I planned on coming. Maybe you havent had time to update the list or maybe my message did not get through. There are 2 on my plane but could be up to 4 if some passengers finally make up their mind.

KHTO, LHTL

I got it. Out today

Administrator

15 aircraft now.

Administrator

I think it will be the last busy week end of the season for me .
I will know only a few days earlier if it will be doable to take a day off .
And then I’ll have a lot of free time in the wrong months . Shit !!

Pegaso airstrip, Italy

I suggest putting yourself on the list anyway, if you intend to come, because the airport needs to know how much parking to expect.

A proportion of people always cancel anyway… This is a free event. If we charged everyone €250 (and laid on a bus, organised a hotel discount, etc) then the pressure would be on, and few would cancel, but we aren’t doing that.

Now we have 16 aircraft and 24 people.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message