Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Off to Munchen

Tomorrow. Well Augsburg actually. Will be nice to fly in this good weather although last week was very hazy.

EGTK Oxford

Make sure you gold-plate your noise certificate, but it in a velvet box and wear white gloves when you hand it over.

Augsburg is the most noise certificate obsessed airport on this planet. They will xerox it and put it in a folder. When I asked the guy why they make such a fuzz about it as about the only airport in Germany, he started on a rant how everybody else in Germany grossly neglects proper treatment of noise certificates.

Great airport otherwise, a lot of GA activity.

I've been there quite a few times, but have never been asked about the noise certificate. Maybe they already have a copy from someone elses visit.

LSZK, Switzerland

Didn't ask me for noise certificate just now.

EGTK Oxford

Achim, I just him if he wanted my noise certificate. He said no. Maybe he just doesn't like you?

EGTK Oxford

Maybe he just doesn't like you?

Yeah, Achim is suspicios guy - he makes a lot of noise

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I bet he is on vacation and you got lucky. He keeps a collection of thousands of noise certificates. When he was younger he had a stamp collection.

I'm am not the only victim, the guy is notorious...

OK guys can we arrange a collection to fund a flight to this place, so I can test my new noise certificate. I make it about €600 return and I am happy to go halves.

On reflection, such a subsidised flight might be illegal in Germany... ok scrap the idea

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was planning to go there in a week, maybe Peter you can fax me your certificate and I can ask.

On second thought, my fax machine doesn't do gold plating on purple paper...

LSZK, Switzerland

So here are a couple of photos.

Nice tailwind.

Lots of cloud.

Frankfurt-Main

High for weather avoidance

Lots of weather at high altitude

EGTK Oxford
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message