Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to Paris Jul 13/14 2019

Planning a VFR trip to Paris on Jul13/14 and wondering on the hassle factor on ATC/AD side, which Paris nearby airport stays open (usually go for StCyr/Toussus)? My guess one need to expect IFR delays/VFR ban or even AD closures? Will any of this affect Lille airport (+1h train)?

I flew last year on Bastille days to Nantes/LaBaule apart from long wait for fuel, few taxis and no restaurants everything was normal on ATC/AD operations side (tough the RT silence while flying the long channel crossings does give some serious doubts…)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The forbidden area on July 14 is quite huge (from Mortagne to Melun) and lasts from 8am to noon (local time). Usually nobody flies that day, but it is perfectly normal in the afternoon. I plan to fly back from flying legends that afternoon.
I don’t remember if anything happens on July 13.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 20 Jun 09:48
LFOU, France

My advice is to just totally avoid France on any 14th of July.

A bit like Italy on August 15th.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks Jujupilot, I will go for Lille and hope it goes well for you to Duxford !

Boscomantico, the morning at 8am I should be in the parade so I do not have much choice on date/place

Last Edited by Ibra at 20 Jun 10:49
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Two years ago I departed from Toussus to Venice-Lido on the 14th of July at precisely midday. No issue whatsoever, apart from a Hercules pilot who had learned to fly at Toussus and thought it fun to do a very low fly-past the tower, in a skid. (It was fun actually).

EGTF, LFTF

The AIP SUP for July 13/14 is published. The restricted area is a bit smaller than what I describe above.

LFOU, France
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message