Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Turin / Torino LIMF or LIMA

Forum,

I am planning a flight to Torino, Italy. Probably LIMF but I am open for suggestions.
Any advise on handling, fuel (100LL), landing fee etc?
Thanks

Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

If you don‘t need customs (or night), there is really no advantage of LIMF over LIMA, only disadvantages. Take the fees alone: certainly 150-200 Euros at LIMF, and absolutely zero at LIMA.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Can you go to LIMA without italian profiency? I have some relatives there and planned to land on LIMA. I may be wrong (and this wouldn’t be the first time) but I read that on the AIP:

Last Edited by greg_mp at 24 Jun 09:01
LFMD, France

Please check what you are quoting. That subpoint g) belongs to 2) which only deals with operations during unavailability of ATS. Which is only on Mondays.
During ATS times, you can talk IT or EN with the AFIS.

Also, doing the radio in a certain language does not require having LP in THAT language, as long as you have English LP. Clarified many times already.

Anybody been there recently? I went years ago on a diversion from Aosta and I recall it was fairly straightforward, and now hoping to repeat the experience on a summer France/northern Italy tour. BUT I’ve emailed all the addresses on the AIP and nobody has replied. I don’t have Italian (though I could Google translate).

Any advice about making contact or about the airfield gratefully received (esp closing times which are rather ambiguous in the AIP entry). Also, I saw a worrying passing comment somewhere on here that you need to speak some Italian to land there?? Is this true? It wasn’t so a few years back. I hope not – it will upset all my carefully laid Turin hotel plans!

Thanks in advance,
Stephen

United Kingdom

No changes. No need to contact them in advance.

Except they just told me they are closed from Aug 8-22! Great. Maybe that applies to most of Turin over this period and restaurants and cafes are also closed?

United Kingdom

Well, it’s “Ferragosto” time so at least the cities tend to be nearly deserted…

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

Except they just told me they are closed from Aug 8-22!

You might just have a point there. Most aeroclubs im Italy close for two or three weeks in August. Although, at LIMA, I wouldn‘t reall expect that to close down the airport entirely (only need fire flighting service). Might wanna check again who „they“ is. No NOTAM either.

Yep, visiting Italian cities im August is rather bad. Heat, tourists, few locals, some places closed.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 24 Jul 12:01

Torino is a “big” airline airport. Is it really ok for GA, and parking for say a week?

Aosta LIMW is by far the best airport in Italy IME but in a canyon so very wx-sensitive.

Two identical threads merged.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message