Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ostend EBOS G.A. upgraded facilities (terminal, bikes, etc)

Will NSAC be there during night times to take landing fees etc?

EGSX

Posts on the sometimes nonfunctioning EBOS website are here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I checked the prices and they are pretty acceptable (e.g. under 50€ for landing, 3 days of parking and takeoff for under 2 tons aircraft). However, NSAC informed me on additional 15€ for organizing refueling. Although it’s not too much (like at Krakow EPPK where they charge 40€ surcharge if you buy less than 1000 liters), I would like to know if based aircrafts pay the same or it’s just reserved for visiting aircrafts and for which NSAC organizes bowser to come to Apron 3.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Hello Emir,
Regarding the NSAC handling: handling is only mandatory from 2T MTOW, below that, it is only for the airport fees you have to be with the people from NSAC. Of course, they are available if required (didn’t know about the “organizing fee” for fuel they charge). Based aircraft should be exempt from that fee.
If you’re below 2T MTOW, I see no problem in organizing your fuel through the marshaller (usual checkered yellow black van or yellow car), which should be free.

Regarding 24H ops: they provide 24H service, but for the moment work on standby during night time. They can be called on request through airport authority.

Wim
EBOS, Belgium

My experience of Ostend over the weekend was interesting.
Inbound, excellent service after negotiating their web site NSAC which wouldn’t accept the GENDEC upload however I tried it but a direct e mail was fine.
Hire bikes were ready for us and brand new.
We had a a pleasant ride along the coast to De Haan through Ostend and crossed the harbour on the free ferry and stayed in the elegant Hotel Astoria.
On our return to NSAC we were greeted by a general atmosphere of stress. On the ramp were a Gulfstream and a Cheyenne with FLP filed and ready to go but no customs officer, then arrived two air ambulances.
The two young men on duty were unable to pursuade the angry officer, who eventually arrived, to look at our passports and he drove off. We were apparently required to file a GENDEC outbound to ensure he would look at the passports at NSAC rather than us undertaking the “tour of the airport” in the follow me van kindly driven by the apron handler.
Having been taken through security and then on to the terminal we were told that the officer there had been waiting for us for 40 minutes and had then shut the computer and left. He was found, computer started and passport details noted.
We were then taken to the aircraft to prepare for departure. We were ready just 30 mins after our filed time of departure. However the stress was an unnecessary addition to the preflight workload.
When up and running smoothly this will be an excellent facility and a very useful change to the structure. However at present be aware that you need to allow additional time for departure and to clear outbound. The NASC website also needs further work. Remember to file the GENDEC both ways.

EGBM, United Kingdom

A pity such situations happen, regret to read this (the second part that is …), but good to know.
The current “transition” phase regarding immigration, sometimes causes frustrating situations, even more for airport staff.

The permanent immigration booth should be operational within two weeks or so? If I can get hold of an update, I will post it.
Let’s hope these unnecessary stress factors are then things of the past.

Another update: the local fueler will install a self tank fuel station at Apron 3. Operational beginning 2020? Should avoid waiting times, in combination with commercial flights (big jets).

Wim
EBOS, Belgium

Wim wrote:

Another update: the local fueler will install a self tank fuel station at Apron 3. Operational beginning 2020? Should avoid waiting times, in combination with commercial flights (big jets).

Super! Self-serve fuel stations should be a no-brainer for all GA facilities. We’ve had them for cars for a half-century.

LSZK, Switzerland

Here is the GENDEC for EBOS which NSAC gave me last week and where to send it

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

I was there from Sunday to Wednesday and everything went smooth. Customs/immigration still didn’t work on GA terminal which was actually better solution for us because NSAC drove us to the main terminal and we left airport there, right to catch the bus to Oostende and then train to Brugge. On the way back we went again to main terminal (as instructed by NSAC when we arrived) and, after security check and police control, NSAC picked us up and drove to the aircraft.

When we arrived on Sunday one British crew left the airport without border control (like intra-Schengen flight) and police officer was pretty pissed but this didn’t influence our experience at all. We sent Gendec a day before our departure from Croatia and nothing in addition was required. In total we spent something like 10 minutes at these formalities which I consider to be absolute minimum. My trip report with pics and flight details will follow in few days.

Regarding the prices, everything was as expected and as listed, total €90 with fuel surcharge fee (landing, 3 days of parking, fuel fee and some other small fees plus VAT) which is ok.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

We sent Gendec a day before our departure from Croatia and nothing in addition was required. In total we spent something like 10 minutes at these formalities which I consider to be absolute minimum.

Hm. Intra-EU, non-Schengen, the only formality which is required is a passport check and I would be annoyed if that took more than a few minute once the police has arrived. Usually it is much quicker than that. That Gendec nonsense within the EU is something the Belgians have invented by themselves.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message