Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Night-stop in Le Touquet (and food costs, etc)

Flying to Le Touquet from Stapleford for the night, with a reputation as the most elegant holiday resort of northern France, this chic French resort offers plenty to do, and it’s only 1 hours flight from London

We fly back the day after with some complex weather making planning and flying in heavy rain a different kind of challenge. General Aviation really does make it.

A few weeks before the trip we planned to stay at the Holiday Inn resort which was a short walk to the main beach and only a short walk to the airport. Bright rooms come with complimentary Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs, as well as minibars and coffeemakers.

The cost of this hotel for the two of us, was just over £110. Roughly £55 each. The hotel came with stunning facilities, such as clay tennis courts and a swimming pool. However time was limited and we wanted to explore rather than spend time in the resort; although it would make for a perfect weekend away.

Trip VLOG -

Individual flight videos will release Sunday 14th and Sunday 21st.

Read more details on the VLOG website - https://www.theflyingvlog.uk/night-stop-in-le-touquet/

If you spot any grammar problems. Please let me know, as I want this to be a great advert for General Aviation.

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 09 Jul 17:17
Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

A short 49 minute hop across the English Channel, to a popular resort in the General Aviation community. Le Touquet.

EGSG, United Kingdom

One of the most challenging flights I’ve had to plan for, utilising Windy, the MetOffice rainfall radar and various other tools such as Skew-T’s to accurately plan for what should be a routine channel crossing from Le Touquet to the UK.

EGSG, United Kingdom

Went back last night, prices are horrendous in Le Touquet to eat out now. 22EUR for a Burger?

Has C19 caused this huge increase?
EGSG, United Kingdom

You fly a plane?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That is expensive yes, but you can’t justify 22EUR for a burger. Lol

EGSG, United Kingdom

pilotrobbie wrote:

but you can’t justify 22EUR for a burger. Lol

While I agree go to St Moritz, Cannes, Courchevel etc. and 22 EUR is a bargain ;-) But I fear airport restaurants are a bad business after all. Unless you have people coming by car the aviation customers depend too much on weather. Just too many rainy days etc. At our airport the local restaurant tends to go out of business every few years until a new crew takes over…

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian_G wrote:

While I agree go to St Moritz, Cannes, Courchevel etc. and 22 EUR is a bargain ;-) But I fear airport restaurants are a bad business after all. Unless you have people coming by car the aviation customers depend too much on weather. Just too many rainy days etc. At our airport the local restaurant tends to go out of business every few years until a new crew takes over…

This was in the town, a fair few places are charging a lot more than my previous visit. The place on the beach charges 10EUR a beer, I should have asked if the cup came with that price tag. When the lockdown finished here in the UK last time, the pubs were charging almost £8.90 a beer. They’ve returned back to £5.50 a pint now, give or take. I wonder if Le Touquet will also do the same with its prices when it realises people won’t pay that.

I get overheads and the damage done the last few years is heavy, but wow – with the cost of living crisis across Europe, this isn’t a way to win punters.

EGSG, United Kingdom

LeTouquet is (was & will be) very expensive, only posh parisiens buy things down there

Étaples is cheap though

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

LeTouquet is (was & will be) very expensive, only posh parisiens buy things down there

Étaples is cheap though

When I was last there, pre-COVID, it wasn’t too bad. It’s definitely gone up a tad though.

EGSG, United Kingdom
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message