Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Advice for a day and flying in Norway?

Nickmatic wrote:

s the red or blue route recommended from Bergen to Sogndal?

I would follow the coast and then the Sognefjorden. I have not done it yet, but it is on my todo list :-)

ENVA, Norway

WingsWaterAndWheels wrote:

I would follow the coast and then the Sognefjorden

So actually the green line?

EHLE, Netherlands

Yes. From what I understand, the Sognefjorden is very nice.

ENVA, Norway

Definitely the green line, at low level. You have to climb to land at Sogndal.

If you decide to fly down the fjords opposite Sogndal, which are stunning, I would stay above the lip, as you may not be able to turn.

And watch out for power lines.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Well the trip was absolutely fantastic and reinvigorated my love for flying and for my Mooney. I’m now totally in love with Norway of course and can see myself going back often.

Just got invited to a wedding in Kivik, Sweden, so I’ll likely fly up there for it as well.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice, on this thread and others.

Pics and videos coming once I have them from my pax and can post them.

EHLE, Netherlands

Quick timelapse I made of a day of VFR flying:

EHLE, Netherlands

That is wonderful scenery. And an external camera, so great video quality.

Somewhere near the Lofoten Islands is where Captain Nemo’s submarine ended up

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Did you take the bus to Å?

EGKB Biggin Hill

Timothy wrote:

Did you take the bus to Å

We did. Thanks for that tip! Spent 2 nights (more like dusk all night) in Å and did some great hiking. Absolutely gorgeous up there, and we had perfect weather.

EHLE, Netherlands

Wow, that’s really nice photographing ! Did you fly into ENVA (you flew over Trondheim in the movie)? Forgot to mention earlier, but north of Sunndalen is the mountain area of Trollheimen (the home of the trolls literally translated). It’s a very popular hiking area. In Sunndalen, about 1/4 way in, you can take a side valley up into the mountains. There is “Innerdalstårnet”, a mountain top that is perfectly flat, and lots of people walk up to it. Flying past you can see them waving at you from above, which is rather fun

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message