Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Customs PNR for flights between Denmark & German grass airfields?

This I already quoted above (post #06).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

When I came back from Norway to Denmark by plane two weeks ago, the lady from the C-office in Aalborg told me that even for private flights from Norway, customs never show up, even though Norway is Schengen, but not EU. It’s just a formality, the Danish customs seem to be very relaxed.

From Germany to Denmark, I see no reason to make the first landing on an international aerodrome. I totally agree with @boscomantico , Denmark is a full member of the EU and Schengen, so customs and immigration is not necessary.

The Slovak AIP has a similar error, but after contacting the responsible authority, I got an e-mail that also domestic airfields are allowed for international use from EU+Schengen-countries and the AIP needs to be updated someday.

Switzerland

Michael_J wrote:

…yes and then…
https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/schengen/reintroduction-border-control_en

That link clearly says “land and ports with ferry connections”.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

boscomantico wrote:

For the last 18 years, I have been flying between Germany and any Danish airfield, without ever restricting myself to customs airfields, and without ever informing customs (which is not proof, but it is evidence). Same for an entire generation of pilots.

Convinced! I’ll quote you if I’m challenged

LSZK, Switzerland

Thanks, bosco, for sharing your experience. And the very clear words. Some people tend to overcomplicate things.

Last summer I flew EDLM nonstop EKEL without any custom just flight plan. No problem at all.

EDWF, Germany

I recall the AIP had this thing with custom airport even before the temporary border controls were
Introduced a few years ago and Denmark was also the in Schengen then. A few airfields near the German border was allowed to fly directly as an exception. But since Denmark is in Schengen I think it’s a mistake this was never removed from AIP. While there is no guarantee of course I would say that prop99 it will not give any issues flying direct from Germany. Flying to/from Denmark outside Schengen is a different story and there customs airport must be used.
Also the reason the temporary border controls were setup was due to the migration crisis, but I think the authorities know what not many migrants will arrive by private plane!

THY
EKRK, Denmark
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message