Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Discovering Europe with TB20

In the past 10 days, criss-crossed Europe with my TB20. Started from Tököl, LHTL, went down to Reus, visited Duxford, flew back to Deauville, went to Mt SaintMichel, landed in Colmar, and ended up at Tokol after 10 days. Uneventful flights, perfect working Avidyne, useful Gölze ADL system, super Aspen EFD. The aircraft had no any issue, did her job well.

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

I saw you landing in Duxford !!
We were waiting in the queue for departure. I knew this reg was on EuroGA but couldn’t remember who.

Great reward after so much work on your plane !

LFOU, France

Glad you are enjoying your TB20, Zsoszu It’s a great plane for getting around.

You have a rare specimen, one of the last ones made AFAICT. Spotless clean, too…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nice plane, cool bikes!

LFMD, France

Looks like a super trip with no real goal other than flying
Any useful pilot details on Reus?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Oh yes. Reus is tricky. Reus is not a busy airport, quite far from BCN, but because of the location of my friends, have chosen Reus. PPR required, but beside AENA (PPR) , you need to choose handling agent. Swiss, Iberia, and something else available. I have selected Swiss. AENA was ok, they promised 70 EUR for parking and landing, Mailed to Swiss, no reaction.
When I flew in, the parked me in the far end of the 50 C tarmac without any agent. I called Swiss, they put down the phone 3 times. Then I called ATC to send somebody, so they sent me Iberia. Iberia took me to the terminal, but they asked me, to send them a request retrospectively.
Handling with them is cheap, if you need basic handling. Basic handling means sending you a car. One ride is 8 EUR+VAT.
BUT. In the terminal, I realised, that I left some cable in the aircraft. I wanted to go back. That is a mission impossible. For this, either you have flight plan, GENDEC, and handling or written permission from the head of securty. It was 165959. We rang him in his office, but the office is until 1700. So, i never got back to my lonely TB. I gave up, bought a cable in the city.
On return, try not to go in the peak period which is around 12 LT. The problem is the fuelling since they have 2 car, 1 driver and and he does the scheduled flights. Anyway, they promised 20 minutes, they were present after 20 minutes by the plane.
AENA was 70ish EUR, Handling was 16EUR for 2x ride and 18 EUR (!!!) for printing the GENDEC and the navlog. (The hotel had faulty printer).
The rest was straight. Iberia was helpful. There is a price list on AENA page, where you can see, which airport has ripoff and which is fine. Reus is oK category.
I hope it helps.
Tours was easy and cheap
Duxford is straightforward clockwork
Deauville is OK, 11 EUR for the landing, TOTAL 120 with 4 nights parking.
Colmar is fine 20ish EUR with overnight parking and landing.
It was pure fun, great flight.
Zsolt

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

Thanks for the feedback on Reus, my kind of airport no point planning anything beforehand just have a spare day for the fun ;)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message