Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Which Airports for NVFR in Germany/France/Austria?

Yeah, maybe best to just do it during winter time. Then 2200LT closing is no problem at all.
It’s just crazy that it’s virtually impossible during the summer.

Switzerland

OK, so I did some more research and couldn’t find a way to make it happen in the near future.
However, in case someone has a similar question down the road, EDFZ was very helpful and on request they would have someone in the “tower” even after midnight (of course they charge money for that). The problem was that after SS you are only allowed to fly circuits with “noise reduced aircraft”, such as a Katana – but if you happen to have one of those, you can even fly circuits at 1am :)

Switzerland

It is too far away but in general I would recommend to look at Eastern Europe. The post communist countries seem to have a different culture regarding aircraft noise at night which seems to be much more liberal than especially Germany and Switzerland. For example EPSC seems to be open nearly all night with nearly no traffic and I am sure there are many more. Lately we have been there for some IFR training during daytime and I have never been to a better IFR training airport. It was the first time ever I got a clearance which said “you are cleared for whatever IFR manoeuvre as long as you stay within the TMA boundary and below 4000ft”.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

It is too far away but in general I would recommend to look at Eastern Europe.

Exactly – combining vacation and training it can be done at any airport in Croatia. Maybe not now during busy summertime but in September it’s definitely feasible.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Jujupilote wrote:

Did you check Strasbourg LFST ?

If you consider as far as Strasbourg, you can consider LFJY. When I did my PPL/NIT, the night flying was restricted to like 1 or 2 evenings per week in the AIP/NOTAMs, but other evenings could be had by just asking the airfield a bit in advance. No ATC, pilot-operated lighting.

ELLX
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message