Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meetup at Peenemunde EDCP

Anyone interested?

The museum should be good, even if there may not be a lot of stuff left.

There are no Customs so I might fly to the nearby Heringsdorf EDAH which is also IFR (unless somebody has a better suggestion). This also gives the option of getting ground transport to Peenemunde should the wx not play ball for the necessary VFR flight there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes - but can't do today! What date do have in mind.

Norman
United Kingdom

It's too late to go today

No specific date, but perhaps we should pick some good wx, rather than pick a date and then find nobody turns up.

Administrator

A perfect 30-40 minute flight from my airfield :-)

I'll be happy to join up if the calendar permits. The weather seems to get better at the end of the week and early next week.

You can choose ETNL for Customs. To get a transport from Heringsdorf to Peenemünde can be difficult and even more the way back. Fly direct to Peenemünde it ist cheaper and easyer (one cab trip 40-60 €). I´m not happy with EDCP, they charged me 40 € for PPR on a busy Saturday (April). Complete landing fee was higher than at Sylt!

EDAZ

What is the transport from ETNL to Peenemünde like - in case it was necessary?

Of course one can clear Customs anywhere else e.g. Le Touquet...

Administrator

From ETNL you can take a rental car! I think a cab must be around 80-90 Euro and not a good choise if you will get back. That is the countryside of germany, not a cab at every corner. They are booke hours in advantages in this areas! When you do customs at Le Touqet get direct to Peenemünde. The arrivel over the baltik sea is nice!

EDAZ

I am now looking at August 10/11, with a Customs stop at Heringsdorf EDAH or Laage ETNL. I would stay for 1 night at one of the aforementioned so we could also meet up there in the evening.

The problem with a Customs stop near the UK e.g. LFAT is that I would need to stay in a hotel at Peenemunde and there seem to be just 3 of them and they are likely to be well booked, so this is risky.

Any comments appreciated.

Administrator

I do much agree with Cheshunt since I have had similar experiances at Peenemünde airfield, landing fee is exorbitant for such a ruined place and supposingly higher for foreign pilots, rip off there. Would recommend to choose Heringsdorf and take a rental car there with prior notice. Disadvantage of EDAH are high fuel prices. For refuelling suggest Barth EDBH or Rendsburg EDXR with moderate fuel price and landing fees.

Berlin, Germany

have had similar experiances at Peenemünde airfield, landing fee is exorbitant for such a ruined place and supposingly higher for foreign pilots, rip off there.

Whut? The landing fees are published here. For a TB20 it's 11 € in the best noise category and 15 € in the worst.

But you're right, what a gigantic ripoff! 11 €. Excessive, outrageous!

And higher fees for foreigners is illegal if they are EU citizens. But Germany is widely known for ripping off foreigners, after all it's Africa.

Anything else against Peenemünde?

22 Posts
Sign in to add your message