Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Suggestions for Eastern Europe (and flight plan filing)

Are you going to the EuroGA fly-in in Tivat?

Yes; Dubrovnik LDDU is good, as is Brac LDSB.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Did both last year and sadly not – the timings don’t work out for us :-(

Need to be home for the 7th.

United Kingdom

It has been a while, that I have been at Ajaccio, but it was nice. The parking for the GA planes was in a separate area. Payment in a container, but everything went smooth without a hassle. The city is nice and we enjoyed our stay.
But as far as I can remember, not everybody here in the forum can agree with this, but I‘m not sure.

EDDS , Germany

If you file electronically and (as with all electronic filing services AFAIK) the FP goes to the two towers

That is just plain wrong (for FPLs not departing the UK).

The runway is in fact 1,400m, not the 799m that are published. Go figure.

I think you misunderstand. The actual length of that piece of asphalt has no meaning regarding the length of the „runway“. If they publish 799 meters, then that is the length of the usable runway. Nothing strange about that.

Re your departure: if you want to go direct to Croatia, you strictly speaking need to pass immigration (a check of your passport, by either border police or by customs). It‘s your job to „organize“ that. So do check if that is possible at Tököl. (Of course, if nobody cares and your FPL isn‘t rejected either, then so be it).

Going to Italy or France does not require this. Wherever you go, especially as it is still “summer season“, make sure get PPR for your destination, usually by email.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 29 Aug 03:56
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

So do check if that is possible at Tököl. (Of course, if nobody cares and your FPL isn‘t rejected either, then so be it)

Just FYI, that your FPL is not rejected does not mean anything w.r.t. immigration rules. The requirement for passport check on departure is (in most countries) a totally independent process.

I know a number of people who regularly get away with ignoring the passport checks when departing to Croatia, but it is a (minor) infringement of immigration rules nonetheless.

Last Edited by ch.ess at 29 Aug 05:11
EDM_, Germany

Of course, I know. Still, sometimes, FPLs ARE rejected by the processing ARO if they suspect that the necessary police checks are not done at the departure or arrival airfield. That’s why I mentioned it. But ultimately of course, it’s the pilot’s decision and, in the case, the pilot’s violation.

FPLs ARE rejected by the processing ARO if they suspect that the necessary police checks are not done at the departure or arrival airfield

Are there actual known proven cases of this?

I know it’s happened in Greece (departing from a non port of entry; a lot of crap flying in all directions within ATC, and trying to bring him back on the ground on the radio) but they didn’t cancel the flight plan. The way to do this is to announce the diversion (to an airport outside Greece) when within a few mins of the border

Administrator

Are there actual known proven cases of this?

Yes, otherwise I wouldn‘t have written it. Happened to myself.

They don‘t really „cancel“ it though. They simply don‘t process/distribute it and ask the departure airport to advise you to change the flightplan.

But of course, this is rather rare. Generally, ARO
doesn‘t really worry about customs/immigration matters (or any other mattes which are not of a „formal“ nature). Hence, in most cases the FPL will go through, so there will be no warning to the pilot that he is going to violate immigration regs.

Ah, Croatia isn’t in Schengen. Oops! I’ll have to check on immigration here then.

United Kingdom

You can fly to Croatia (or anywhere else) from anywhere in the UK, via the GAR form system. (24hr PNR for going to a non EU destination)

But if you stop in say Germany on the way there, the German airport has to have Immigration, for both the flight from the UK and the flight to Croatia.

Fortunately it appears that all German airports have Immigration “capability” – see the later parts of this thread.

It however appears that some German airports refuse to be involved in this system, so you cannot use them. I don’t know if there is a list of these.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message