Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in and Airfield meeting in EDSO, Germany on September 07.+08.

Hi there,

I’m glad to tell you, that it’ll be me who’ll be on the “Tower” of EDSO on Saturday, the 07th of September and the following Sunday, the 08th of September :-) The good thing is: That means, the airfield will have English radio as well as German radio for the weekend and all of you are invited to join us on our airfield!

I would be very happy to see some of you guys. FYI, some Airfield facts:

• Runway headings are 08/26, surface is grass (but nicely cut and trimmed!)
  • Dimensions of the runway: 585 × 35 meters
  • The traffic pattern is always to the north, with a right traffic pattern to the 26 and a left traffic pattern to the 08 – see the information here
  • Please note, that landing on the 26 means that you’ll have a heavily ascending runway, whilst landing on the 08 will give you a descending runway after you’ve passed half of the runway
  • Parking is possible outside (we don’t have that much hangar space), but putting your tent either under your wing or on our private camping site are both welcome :-)
  • If you want some “better class” accomodation, I recommend the “Deutsches Haus”, a hotel with a nice, tasty southern-german style restaurant in only 5 km distance. If you want, I can establish the contact between you and the hotel guys – but feel free to contact them, their English if neat. Website is https://www.deutsches-haus-weilheim.de/en/home-englisch/
  • Arriving on Saturday is possible, but you need to drop me an email – we have a lot of model flying on Saturday, so I’ll need to get you a slot to land. Please send a mail to mail [at] marx-fds.de, so I can arrange that for you. If you arrive later that’ll be fine with me, as long as you contact me on radio 10 minutes prior to landing so I can clear the runway for you.

On Sunday, landing and taking off is possible without prior notice, because there is no model flying scheduled. Nevertheless, I would appreciate an initial radio contact 5 minutes prior to your landing, because there is a lot of planned traffic on this day.

Our festivity is a “classic German airfield ‘Fest’”: With lots of drinks and regional meals, we’ll welcome everyone of you. We offer a very kind welcome and lots of guys interested in flying in general and your airplanes in special – certainly something you might want to experience :-) And after the folks have left on Saturday evening, we have a nice pilot meeting with music by our members playing guitars and other instruments… very familial!

Me and all the other members of my club would be very happy to welcome you on our airfield!

Best regards, Tobias

EDSO, Germany

Hi Tobias, thank you for the invite.

AIUI, the 26 threshold is the lowest point of the runway. Are there any trees or obstacles on the 26 approach path ?

LFOU, France

Hi Jujupilote,

no, no obstacles. The threshold of runway 26 is just after a rock ledge with approx. 25 meters altitude, so there are no trees or anything else.

EDSO, Germany

Thanks. I booked a 172 for the weekend.
I will need to land on 26 and depart on 8. I see a road crossing the runway, I hope it is not too much of a bump.

Sorry, but with the reduced runway length, I take extra precautions.

LFOU, France

Hi Jujupilote,

no need to worry, another 172 is located here and has its homebase here. So landing and taking off should be no problem after all. The little path in the middle is asphalted and should be easy to cross.

EDSO, Germany

Thanks for the invite Tobias, I may take it on Oct 5th/6th tough not sure about 585m grass runway but I will see if C172/TB20 can make it on Sep7th/8th

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Hi Ibra,

nice :-) Since my colleagues have no problem at all with the 585 meters (about 650 meters, if you add the space behind and in front of the runway), even on hot summer days… hope to see you soon!

EDSO, Germany

Hi altogether,

some good news: My flight club is happy to announce that we don’t take any landing fees this weekend! Perhaps this sounds even more inviting ;-)

Glad to see you soon!

Tobias

EDSO, Germany
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message