Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spain, Oct/Nov 2019

We normally do a meet-up down there later in the year. The weather down there is usually nice after it has closed in in much of Europe.

Is there any interest?

EDIT: Telegram group join link https://t.me/joinchat/BcKpDkTaovMWQKt_EeS3Hw

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The only weekend that might be possible for s is the 31.10. to 3.11. But not really sure yet.

EDDS , Germany

I am but it won’t be easy to pick the date so much in advance. We have to be flexible because of the weather.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I am
If not on holyday elsewhere I’ll be glad to attend.

Pegaso airstrip, Italy

21st / 22nd would be good for me

LFMD - Cannes Mandelieu, EGLL - London Heathrow, France

RTFQ – 21/22 September. Crystal ball (roster) doesn’t see as far as October/November yet.

LFMD - Cannes Mandelieu, EGLL - London Heathrow, France

I could do the last week in September also. However I think it may be too soon for many, especially those who are coming to the Montenegro meet-up.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’m in, if there’s a non-AENA field nearby (not legal for me otherwise)

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

aart wrote:

I’m in, if there’s a non-AENA field nearby (not legal for me otherwise)

You can’t land on AENA field with ultralight?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

You can’t fly in controlled airspace, like a CTR, right in the middle of which is a…. Some exceptions, but I guess this fly-in won’t be to Menorca (LESL).

These things may change though. Constructive discussions are ongoing between the GA-community and the authorities and this will probably lead to various improvements for UL flyers, including flying in CAS and above 1.000 ft AGL. And ‘certification’ of UL’s in Spain for types that have been approved certain other countries.

I don’t think access to AENA fields is on the list, but is pretty irrelevant. There are so many more suitable non-AENA fields for UL ops. So wherever the fly-in is, it prob 40 won’t be a problem, I’ll likely have various options

But maybe I should go and stand next to Son Bonet’s runway, stick my thumb into the air and hope that a certain Swedish reg DA42 sees it?

Last Edited by aart at 01 Sep 13:30
Private field, Mallorca, Spain
66 Posts
Sign in to add your message