Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spain, Oct/Nov 2019

One of the integrated schools operates out of Huesca Pirineos not too far away. Not sure it is that close to tourist facilities.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Any other locations of interest?

Any thoughts regarding Girona (LEGE) or Reux (LERS)

I’ve flown in Jerez (LEJR) in the past during the month of November; obviously very far for most but the one advantage being that even at that time of year they are mostly CAVOK and 25c

EGSX

Peter,
Copy me on the email you sent them. I’ll give them a call and see what I can achieve for a group, and for ‘basic handling’ only.
Unless anyone wants a red carpet of course..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

aart wrote:

Unless anyone wants a red carpet of course…

At those handling prices you better buy your own carpet, I may join if this happens between Oct15-Nov15, Huesca/Pomplona looks like “GA only” places to me, no need for a tourist place just sun and tarmac

Last Edited by Ibra at 17 Sep 12:35
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Girona (LEGE)

AFAIK not GA friendly and expensive.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Current focus is on Zaragoza, and excluding 19th October which is the Shoreham EGKA fly-in.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Do you think there will be movement on the above mentioned ~€200 fees for Zaragoza?

Interesting that they have a large 6 meter high net set-up at the end of 30L for anyone who can’t stop in the 3.7km available

Last Edited by TimR at 18 Sep 12:59
EGSX

Do you think there will be movement on the above mentioned ~€200 fees for Zaragoza?

Working on it..

The barrier is for F18s so I guess it will also retain our craft. But you may have to pay a little more than € 200, – for using its service.

I just spoke to LEZG OPS.

1. They have work in progress on the apron, and this means that until 15 Oct there basically is no space for us. Work may be delayed, so probably better to plan early November..

2. Officially they have 5 stands for GA. This could be increased to 8 if one large non-GA stand happens to be free on the days that we would be there. They have regular freighter traffic.

3. There are 3 handling companies. Swissport is the AENA-one that will be able to provide basic service. I haven’t contacted them yet, but let’s assume this handling would be 30 euros or so. So total cost incl parking and handling prob 40 less than 100 €

She asked me to specify exact number of aircraft and dates so she could figure out a plan, i.e. if more than 5 to see if that large non-GA stand would be available.

So I guess we need to get our act together on number of aircraft and dates first.

Last Edited by aart at 19 Sep 09:51

Thank you @aart

So I guess we need to get our act together on number of aircraft and dates first.

To start with the counting. I will be able to come on the 31. October and have to leave on the 2. November. If you will choose this weekend we will participate. Any other weekend in November is not possible for me

EDDS , Germany
Sign in to add your message