Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spain, Oct/Nov 2019

Is this alive and kicking? Still can’t confirm till closer, but we are increasingly likely to make it to LEZG on the weekend of the 16th.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

I guess it is but November is less likely to deliver some good weather especially the second part. But we’ll see.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It seems five aircraft are on for the weekend of Nov 16th.
LEZG has not been very cooperative but we will give it a final push next week. If that does not work plans then plans b,c and d may be LESO, LEPP, or even LERJ or another location in the area, all of them fantastic cultural, man-made- as well as naturally- scenic and wonderful culinary and winery locations.

If there are any other takers plse say so in order that we can have a final tentative number for discussion with the airport.

This is of course highly weather-dependant at this time of the year, but one has to make some minimal planning before the final-planning ‘D-day’-minus-3 due diligence…

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Looking at how airmasses are moving across the continent these days, I somehow doubt this fly-in will happen. Or at least it’s hard to believe it will attract many visitors form rest of Europe. The weather might be ok in Spain (also very questionable) but arriving there could be more challenging. I believe we will have to conclude (for future planning) that mid-November is too late for majority of GA aircrafts. I guess better equipped aircrafts would be up to this weather but I believe that the purpose of fly-in is not to prove the capabilities of the aircraft and skills of the pilot but to meet the people. I’m keeping an eye on the forecasts hoping to somehow magically improve.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yup, I would say January has more chances, but Autumn scenery is also tempting…let’s wait and see…

Antonio
LESB, Spain

What is the flying weather like in Spain at the beginning of January? My wife and I have forever been discussing touring by plane as far south as Granada, etc….

Tököl LHTL

You can be unlucky but it is usually quite stable in January. I suggest you are flexible and pick the right week and it should not be difficult to pick one whole week of great sunny wx

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Will skip this one unfortunately, too late in the season for me to cross the channel

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

We would visit in the first week of January.

Tököl LHTL

WhiskeyPapa wrote:

We would visit in the first week of January.

It’s usually widespread better later in January, but you will very likely get good wx in the SE half of Spain at that time. I usually fly at that time of the year too. Last year we did LESB-LEMI-LEBA and back in almost perfect wx.

Antonio
LESB, Spain
Sign in to add your message