Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spain, Oct/Nov 2019

I will come to this, even if the wx is too bad for me to fly (due to the recent cylinder repair I need to fly not above FL100 or so, to get enough power). Airline flights are dirt cheap and there is a fast train from Barcelona to Zaragoza.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Airline flights are dirt cheap

When you live in the right part of the world From Zagreb you can’t fly anywhere at the modest price, not to mention cheap or dirt cheap. I often find it very competitive flying myself (especially with additional persons on board). E.g. my last trip to EGBB costed 600€ in fuel and fees (both directions) while cheapest flight with airliner (only cabin baggage) was 300€ per person. The duration of airliner flight with stop is between 4:30 and 5:00 (exactly the time I need). I know that I can’t beat their price (I only calculated operating cost of my flight) but they can’t beat the pleasure of flying myself

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Is there any place to find temporary hangarage that time of year? We are flexible as to location. I would probably fly the plane there mid December and come back for it Jan 1-2 for a week of travel.

Hangarage for period about Dec 15-Jan 16.

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 05 Nov 14:54
Tököl LHTL

WhiskeyPapa wrote:

temporary hangarage that time of year?

You can try these guys at LEBA
I don’t know the place, but perhaps it is also possible at LEAX
These guys also advertise hangar prices, you may want to try them too
BTW that last website www.aterriza.org has a lot of useful airfield links for Spain…you will surely find more leads for hangarage there!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

This meet-up has been postponed, due to bad weather making it impossible for most to get there, and the weather at Zaragoza being not great either.

The plan is to monitor the wx situation and do it on another occassion. With 19 people (in the telegram group – if you are interested, do join; link posted above) potentially interested, we should get a good group next time.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

For anyone who may have set aside this weekend to go flying & in the light above the above trip cancellation… There is a small group of planes meeting up in Antwerp (EBAW) tomorrow Saturday 16th November for lunch.

Currently being discussed in the EuroGA Spain fly-in telegram group. Anyone is welcome to join! The more the merrier!

EGSX
66 Posts
Sign in to add your message