Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Greece trip with a PA-46

Hello,

I am planning on flying with a PA-46 to Greece next month. I have checked Skiathos and looks very interesting. Do you have any previous experience here? Do you have any other recommendtations in the area?

Moreover we might be stopping to refuel in Eastern Europe. Possibly Tirana. Any other suggestions?

Regards

Don't get too slow
LECU, Spain

I was in Skiathos LGSK Oct-Nov 2016 before the Frapport takeover and liked it quite a bit. However, there were no tie downs or chocks (make sure to carry with you). It will be expensive. But at least there’s lots of room on the ramp.

I’m sure everyone will recommend LGIO Ioannina as port of entry if you are coming from the west. It has AVGAS and reasonably priced handling.Also a pleasant town.

I forgot, Skiathos is a port of entry. But it doesn’t have AVGAS.

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 31 Aug 09:32
Tököl LHTL

Avgas or Jet-A1?

Especially if the former, I recommend a search on “fraport”

Most of Greece is beautiful, in the air and on the ground. You won’t be disappointed. The people are all so friendly too. Well, until they work at an airport

Airport admin is often tough. Lots of PNR, slots, etc. Much can be found on EuroGA.

Crap food is mostly confined to Corfu and Zakynthos.

@atmilatos should be able to update on Skiathos, and other places. @petakas too.

Varous trips here. Last year’s to Kastelorizo was spectacular and will be very hard to beat.

I might be doing LGIO after Tivat, September.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@speed all you need to read (word by word) is here www.aopa.gr/Info and 99% of your questions will be answered.

LGMG Megara, Greece

@Peter Avgas

@Petakas thank you very much! I didn’t know that website. I will check it out.

Don't get too slow
LECU, Spain

I did a small round last week and would advise to ask for pricing before flying. I didn’t.
Ioannina LGIO 385 EUR
Paros LGPA 478 EUR
Saloniki LGTS 614 EUR
Limnos LGLM 450 EUR

No other problems. Maybe a small delay here and there, but generally handling was good.

LPFR, Poland

loco wrote:

Ioannina LGIO 385 EUR
Paros LGPA 478 EUR
Saloniki LGTS 614 EUR
Limnos LGLM 450 EUR

Holy crap, did you fly a B747 ??

Paid 25 EUR today in Denmark, so I think the country may be a factor rather than plane.

LPFR, Poland

loco wrote:

Ioannina LGIO 385 EUR
Paros LGPA 478 EUR
Saloniki LGTS 614 EUR
Limnos LGLM 450 EUR

I guess without AOPA discount.
Which handler ? (smells like Swissport)
What aircraft type ?
How many passengers ?
How many days stay at Fraport Thessaloniki ?

LGMG Megara, Greece

I wouldn’t want to get into details too much. Generally the main item on every invoice is „executive handling”. Various handlers, Swissport, Goldair, etc Saloniki was less than an hour stay. Only one person embarking. Plane is 3,3T

Last Edited by loco at 31 Aug 18:45
LPFR, Poland
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message