Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meetup Saturday 3rd August 2014?

I could pop over Thursday, are we just having lunch at the airport or going into town?

Norman
United Kingdom

I think the plan is to hit the town and get drunk, then fly back. With wine, it's OK because in France, wine=food.

No point in staying in the airport. We need to subsidise the impoverished Deauville taxi drivers who can charge only €50 for the drive...

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Although Deauville was my idea, I might have to postpone it. The person I intended to fly with (and therefore share the costs with) has a chest infection and is on antibiotics :-( I'll post on here if I am still doing it. Sorry.

This meetup has been cancelled.

I plan to be off to Peenemunde 9/10 August anyway.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Never been to Deauville... may well end up there... always assuming theres a good cafe? Wearing a hat and a black bag,

rgds Frank g109 g-chlo.

I cant recall what's on the airport, but the best thing to do is go to the harbour, though as Peter says, it is an extortionately expensive cab ride.

I really must get a bike... sharing a cab tends to take the sting out of the fare, the more the merrier, Frank

Oh I was planning to go to Deauville tomorrow and sure I didn’t see the notam below when I looked earlier in the week. I wonder why that is. That puts a spanner in the works

B3903/14 NOTAMN

Q) LFFF/QMAXX/IV/BO /A /000/999/4922N00010E005
A) LFRG B) 1408291600 C) 1409010700
E) MOVEMENTS AND PARKINGS OF ACFT OF LESS THAN 2,5 TONS GENERAL
AVIATION PROHIBITED

Edit: Not if I am out by 1600 UTC. Would you agree. I don’t want to denied landing or worse a take off.

Last Edited by PiperArcher at 28 Aug 15:47

Strange, I just phoned Deauville and they asked me how many nights I wanted to stay and said fuel is open until 1930 and the airfield closed at 2000. I said PA28 and I hope they didn’t mishear me because not a concern at all about the Notam. Better have a diversion just in case, and assuming I do land, the firs thing I will do is make sure I can get out of there later.

It is for this very reason that I have now chosen to fly to Le Havre instead.

The taxi ride to Honfleur will be much more expensive as a result.

Anyone have any ideas how much it would be?

Sign in to add your message