Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What’s a good fuel stop and dinner place in Croatia on the way to Sarajevo?

Croatia is not Schengen, so not an option if that is a requirement.

If you’re looking to cross back into Schengen why not Portoroz LJPZ? Best GA airfield in Europe IMHO with most efficient fuel delivery service on the planet, has a good restaurant but I’d check restaurant hours as it doesn’t always seem to be open. I was there for a weekend a week ago coming from Switzerland and the plane was tied down almost before the prop stopped. By the time I got out, the fuel team already had the ladder at the wing. Refueling complete before I had the cover on, golf cart transfer, cleared customs, paid fuel and was in the shuttle bus to Piran all within 15’ of touchdown. And this on a day when there were must have been 20+ aircraft parked (I was at the far end of the grass … first available spot).

LSZK, Switzerland

Peter wrote:

GA ops are expired – because it usually costs less to buy a new one.

No. New ones are more expensive than a service. Having said that, servicing a raft is not cheap

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

My experience is different, last time I looked. No doubt it depends on how cheap your life jackets are. Some are 200+.

It is actually similar to many other products e.g. at work we throw away all fire extinguishers at the 5 year (?) point because the pressure test costs more than buying a new one.

Rafts are different; overhaul maybe 200-300 while 1k+ to buy one.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A jacket costing €70 will cost €35 to service in my not inconsiderable experience. A raft in the region of €600 with a major service every 5 years at ca €900. Which reminds me, time to get a new raft.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I’ve ordered life jacket and will keep it. So with that I have options nows.

Plans have evolved a bit more and now it gets interesting.

Anyone has landed at BKPR Pristina? SkyDemon doesn’t know about it. Autorouter does. I’ll find out tomorrow if my onboard equipment with the latest Jeppesen database knows it as well.

As it’s likely that I need to go to Pristina at the beginning of the following week I’m going to spend the weekend somewhere around the “general area”. It might very well be Venice and Portoroz to get to know it :-)

Last Edited by Stephan_Schwab at 26 Sep 18:53
Frequent travels around Europe

Oh and yes… I’m reading about “KFOR Sector” now… Interesting…

Stephan_Schwab wrote:

BKPR

Let’s hope there will be no more countries in south Europe since we have already run out of location indicators in the L region. Or the location indicators of Cyprus, Israel and Palestine are changed to the O region where they geographically belong.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Stephan_Schwab wrote:

BKPR Pristina

If flying from Belgrade be sure to file LYPR rather than BKPR otherwise you won’t take off

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@Emir what about the other way around? From Pristina to Belgrade

I don’t know. I only can guess that departing from Prishtina you have to specify BKPR in flight plan rather than LYPR.

Serbian CAA’s NOTAMs don’t specify anything:
http://www.smatsa.rs/NOTAM/LVN%20A.pdf local copy

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message