Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Oban EGEO fuel situation

Notam for EGEO Oban:
“Q) EGPX/QFUAU/IV/NBO/A/000/999/5628N00524W005
B) FROM: 19/09/27 14:02C) TO: 19/12/20 16:15
E) AVGAS UNAVAILABLE”
The 19/12/20 date may not be a certain date for a resumption of fuel.
I understand the supplier has retired, and that could affect turboprop fuel also.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Good to know; I was going to visit there as soon as the rain stops

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was in Stornoway the other day and they have Avgas (at about £2.35 inc VAT).

Otherwise use Kirkbride on the way in, which is quite cheap (about £1.80 inc from memory).

Both require PPR.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Maoraigh wrote:

The 19/12/20 date may not be a certain date for a resumption of fuel.

I’m sure your interpretation is correct, but really the airport should have added EST (estimated) to the ending date if it was not certain.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

My guess is that they have no idea and are managing expectations.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Yes the end of an era but PK had so many fights with the landlord, council that eventually it wears you out. And he was a very stalwart fighter.

The council have their way now, an open goal, lets see if they step up and provide a fuel facility.

Timothy wrote:

My guess is that they have no idea and are managing expectations.

They never had……

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

The 20/12 date could be a Notam limit – requiring a new Notam after 3 months.
For me, no fuel at Oban is a big limiter. The Jodel has the ability, but the Bolkow, while OK 1 up, is limited with any pax.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Unfortunately no fuel puts Oban off my day trip list, it’ll require an extra off-route stop, and with most GA airfields keeping such short hours (including Oban itself) it makes it a bit tiring and impractical. If I’m going overnight I might as well just go to Glenforsa instead, it’s got a hotel.

Andreas IOM

Yes this will pretty well finish off Oban traffic.

One would have thought that since selling somebody something is the world’s oldest profession, there would not be so many airports that cannot organise selling people fuel.

Oban airport demands you wear a yellow jacket for this epic walk across the world’s most hazardous apron which I estimate at about 40m

However, it is the same on Alderney. Same sort of people apply for these cushy jobs?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I first landed at Oban almost 30 years ago, glad to find somewhere not fogged in. There was no fuel, and no-one around. Also no fences. When I phoned the number in Pooleys, it was never answered. Eventually I phoned the Council Office and was able to pay.
The Argyll and Bute Council might try to get HIAL to take over. But HIAL have nothing like Coll and Collonsay, so they would be a novel challenge.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message