Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Oban EGEO fuel situation

Latest info is no fuel until end of Dec. The previous fuel guy is retiring, apparently.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The previous fuel guy is retiring, apparently.

And clearly pilots have no idea how to fuel an aircraft, therefore absolutely must have someone to do that for them.

LSZK, Switzerland

I think that all self service facilities (in Europe) are fixed installations. Oban has a bowser and I have not come across a self service facility which uses a vehicle.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Oban has a bowser and I have not come across a self service facility which uses a vehicle.

I have come across a couple, one in Poland if I recall correctly. Others here can certainly confirm. Agreed they are rare and on the continent can pose a language challenge but that shouldn’t be an issue in the UK?

LSZK, Switzerland

Peter wrote:

Oban has a bowser
Leave the truck parked and taxi the plane to it instead of the opposite?
ESMK, Sweden

Recent rumour is that a bowser is being obtained by the airport. You taxi to bowser, employee fills.
This will be a temporary fix until a self-service pump is installed, before the summer.
The Airport website has nothing relevant yet – it still says to contact TLC, who pulled out.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Self service pump – that is good news.

Attended service always takes much longer than simply being able to taxi up to a pump, swipe your credit card, fill up, and park the plane.

Andreas IOM

Well exactly.

Petrol stations realised long ago that having an attendant fill your car didn’t make you feel like you were being waited on hand and foot, instead it made you feel like someone was wasting time that you didn’t have.

EGLM & EGTN

Oban has avgas again

Self service credit card pump.

Administrator

Wish more airfields had self-service pumps (especially EGNS Ronaldsway!)

Andreas IOM
Sign in to add your message