Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fix for non-working Italian ENAV login

I wanted to submit an Italian flight plan on the ENAV website. However, my credentials didn’t seem work anymore — even resetting the password didn’t help.

What I found out is that appending “.web” (without the quotes) to the user name lets you login again. I.e., if you username is “foo1”, then try using “foo1.web”.

Hope that info is useful.

LFHN, LSGP, LFHM

That’s really funny

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My login name ended in “.web” since I got the login, April 2018.

ELLX

Just for my curiosity?
Why someone with non Italian reg, would want to submit at FPL via an Italian website instead of using SD, Autorouter, FF, SkyVector or other “universal tools” or just your national CAA website?

ES?? - Sweden

A valid point. That ENAV site is (or at least used to be) horrible. Very crude and essentially just a mask for entering an FPL. I woudn’t be surprised if that site simply generated a fax or so that the ENAV guy at the Milan or Rome ARO then hacks it back into “his” system….

There might be one argument though. Say you use the DFS site. What DFS then does is nothing other than sending it on to the ARO in Italy, for them to process and distribute it. So, what this does is no more than introducing yet one more (albeit rather reliable) element into that already delicate transport chain of VFR flightplans, thus increasing the risk of not reaching the final recipients. Same for SD; they take the FPL message and send it to the Italian ARO for them to process it.

That said, SD has so far worked well for me for departures from Italy. I would never use that site for flightplan filing. I would rather just call up the ARO and dictate it. That is one of the safest ways of doing it, since the operator will then hack it directly into the system, which minimizes the risk of the flightplan not arriving where it should.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I think you need to login there to access the Italian AIP.

However, all of it should be (?) at EAD / Eurocontrol anyway.

For pure FP filing (VFR, or IFR where I have a valid route already) I use EuroFPL.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thunderstorm18 wrote:

Why someone with non Italian reg, would want to submit at FPL via an Italian website instead of using SD, Autorouter, FF, SkyVector or other “universal tools”

They cost money.

just your national CAA website?

Some of them accept to process only flight plans originating or with destination in that country, or sometimes with “part of a series of flights originating or with destination in that country, even if that particular FPL is not”

ELLX

lionel wrote:

They cost money.

EuroFpl Basic – free 10 FPL/mohth
Autorouter as far as I remember free also for limited amount of FLP
SkyVector – the same
SD – a minor amount for each flight
FF – not sure
If I would think so, for the peace of mind, I will attach those minor costs to the price of fuel
or combine the free options which will be more than enough for non-professionals.

However, remember there is no free lunch
.. or as boscomantico wrote:

I would rather just call up the ARO and dictate it.

Which I agree.

Peter wrote:

However, all of it should be (?) at EAD / Eurocontrol anyway.

Correct! Most of the Europe / international AIPs can be downloaded from Eurocontrol library
Swedish CAA accepts FPL which do not originate from ES via website (account) and even by phone (they are not quite happy, but they will accept)

ES?? - Sweden
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message