Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bamberg EDQA to get IFR procedures

https://www.br.de/nachrichten/bayern/am-flugplatz-bamberg-wird-instumentenflugbetrieb-eingerichtet,RgClDU5

In German only. Anyway, looks like EDQA will get IFR procedures (GPS, of course) possibly as soon as spring next year. This was mostly driven by a couple of companies based there.

For your info; Bamberg is one of the most beautiful mid-size cities of Germany. Very well worth a visit or two.

Along with Nürnberg, Hassfurt, Bayreuth and Coburg, that will make this part of Germany be very well served with IFR airfields. I wish that were the case for the Frankfurt area…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 29 Oct 09:50
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Well, as always, it took a little longer, but now, it‘s done. Bamberg (EDQA) is now IFR.
Bamberg is one of the prettiest mid-size cities in Germany, well worth a visit.
While the airport is strictly speaking PPR, instrument approaches don‘t require any additional PPR.
Minima a little high, but I guess that is due to obstacles and runway limitations, etc.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 03 Dec 07:50

So technically one doesn’t need the pay-for German VFR charts to get there, but one will be charged nav fees, correct?

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Well, I guess that if one firmly plans to fly in and out IFR, one can’t be obliged to carry visual approach charts.

This not being a primary airport, there are no DFS charges for instrument approaches. The airport might charge extra for an instrument approach though, as most of the small GA-only IFR airfields in Germany do.

Well, I do need my 50h on I flight plans ;-)

Fly-in, anyone?

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

I wanted to land there last winter to take delivery of a car at a dealership close to the airport but runway was closed…
To bad. For the next one…

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

tmo wrote:

Fly-in, anyone?

GFS is rather negative in the Luxembourg area this weekend :-[

ELLX

When I posted the news, I missed a NOTAM :-(

Reason I missed it: this NOTAM (and another one for EDQA) seems to be missing in Skydemon, @Rob_Hart.

Eurocontrol has got it. This is from the EuroGA airport database

C4057/21
ALL IFR PROC ARE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

That’s a long suspension. I wonder what happened. Nothing published in Flitestar

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

boscomantico wrote:

Reason I missed it: this NOTAM (and another one for EDQA) seems to be missing in Skydemon,

Which flight rules have you used? Unless it is set to IFR or MIXED, you might not see all of those…

EGTR
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message