Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A trip to the Alps to get nice photos (and a video)

Peter wrote:

I would be looking for a pilot who really knows the area, knows where one can fly VFR, and knows how to do the ATC.

I am available :)

Some shots I took during the last few years:

Aletschglacier

Matterhorn, otherwise known as Monte Toblerone

Alpstein

Churfirsten

Saentis

Another view of the Säntis

Arosa

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 22 Nov 21:30
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

@Tigerflyer that’s a nice 177RG…how’s it doing at altitude?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

The C177RG is not the best climber at all but all in all with two people and 200 Liter of fuel it was ok for that day. We climbed up to 9500ft from LOIH through the valley to Innsbruck turned left to the Zugspitze and returned to Friedrichshafen (EDNY).

EDWF, Germany

We did it this way

EDWF, Germany

This is an awesome response! Thank you. It probably needs more than one flight.

We could make it a meet-up but otherwise I will be looking at January. I am really after snowy scenes and while there is a ton of snow in some places, it isn’t everywhere yet.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

In France, Gap LFNA is a big base in the southern alps. Sunny and active field.
If you look for an IFR/customs base, most are very restricted in winter due to heavy CAT. Valence LFLU would be an option.
Annemasse is an option too, customs and close to Mont Blanc.

LFOU, France

There are more experienced guys on here but if they don’t have time I would be happy to fly with you, Peter. I’m relatively free in January. Have about 50h directly in the Swiss alps, did my PPL in Wangen-Lachen.

Switzerland

@Peter and his guide / co-pilot
Can I sit in the back seat ? Will happily share the cost. We could meet up at some airport in France near Mulhouse (e.g., Colmar) where Avgas is cheaper than in Switzerland and the landing fees are low or zero. Otherwise have a very, very nice trip !

AJ
Germany

Peter wrote:

We could make it a meet-up but otherwise I will be looking at January. I am really after snowy scenes and while there is a ton of snow in some places, it isn’t everywhere yet.

Peter wrote:

If you’re looking for a place to stay near Annecy let me know…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Best is to go after a cold front passage You will get crystal clear views.

We were lucky enough to get that kind of wx two weeks ago flying to Bolzano:

Sunset North side of the Alps

Sign in to add your message